Monday, January 12, 2009

Broken Bum

I have looked and looked for the perfect picture for this post...but I have come up with nothing. No google image of "BUM" was quite fitting. (PS....I highly reccommend you don't try googling that either)
As stated in my previous post...I am a bum (jobless bum that is)....well folks, I took the whole "bum" thing to a new level. I now have a broken bum.
You may be asking yourself....'how does one, break their bum'....don't worry, I shall explain.
About 10 glorious days ago...I slipped on a freshly waxed wood floor, and landed...on my bum/head. Not one of my finer moments. The headache went away the next day, but the bumache...is still a throbbin!!

Needless to say...the ole tail bone is rather sore.
Bending over has never hurt worse...
Sitting for long periods of time, is a thing of the past....
And getting in and out of my car is sheer HELL.
Whoever knew you used your tailbone for so much.

I guess my next big investment, will be a donut pillow.

14 comments:

The Powells said...

OUCH. Sorry babes... perhaps a trip to Europe will help? I have a nursing pillow you can sit on...

Becky Foster said...

oh sad!! I'm so sorry. Hope little bum will heal sooner than later.

Brianna said...

oh you poor little thing. I can't help but laugh... but it's still sad. I hope your poor little bum heals soon. I sure love you! :-)

Jill said...

Oooh that hurts. My dog knocked me over once and did the same thing. That HURTS. Yes, get a doughnut pillow! Hope it's feeling better soon!

Sabs said...

what would you do if you saw a broken bum on the ground?....offer it a donut (pillow that is) :) Oweei! i will kiss it better:)

Bj said...

You poor unfortunate little BUM! HAHA. I mean, SO sad! Once again, I understand your... illness? Let me tell you, once you break it, they are never quite the same. If you find a good pillow, let me know!

Bj said...

HAHA i love that my name is 'about us.' I am so smart S-M-R-T.

Davis Fam said...

Oh my dear friend! You need to be more careful!I hope your bum heals!

Ben and Summer said...

Oh honey, that totally stinks. I have been there and it's no fun. And it's the kind of no fun that lasts and lasts... I slipped on the ice and landed smack on my tailbone. It's crazy how many muscles you never know you have until something like this happens!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

So, are you telling us that you are literally a pain in the tail? You're supposed to be that to others, not yourself. My goodness. It's definitely no fun. Hope it feels better soon!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Ali Andrus said...

Haha oh dear! No, a broken bum is not fun. I can sympathize. I have a broken bum myself. My story is pretty funny too. I broke mine years ago tubing in the snow when I hit a rock and my bum took the brunt of it. My poor little tailbone just broke right off! And yowzers, is it every painful! I tried the donut thing. It was rather embarrassing taking that to school with me. I hope your broken bum feels better soon, love! A broken bum does not = fun.

Martha said...

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this piece of information chica! Get better!

Michelle Williams said...

OW OW OW! I broke my tailbone once, SOOOOO miserable!

As to jobs...one of the few places that are getting MORE buisness, is grocery stores. The 'Whole Foods' chain has a lot of things they display prettily, they could use your talent. At least you'll eat cheaper till the "career" job comes along!

Love you, hoe your bum is better, in all ways you wish for! :)

Michelle Williams said...

Stinky 'p' key on my lap top needs extra force to work. So that "hoe" in my good bye should be "hope"! :) hahaha