Wednesday, April 7, 2010

L.I.F.E.

Life is SUPER busy right now. So busy in fact....I have neglected my second love...blogging.
I will now explain why I have left you all in the dark.
Grab a cookie, this could get boring.

SO....here it is, 9:30pm on a beautiful wednesday evening and I am jamming out to some tunes, chewing minty gum and packing up my house. You may be wondering to yourself...what kind of tunes am I jamming too...(currently listening to Creed...I need good packing music). Second, you may be wondering what kind of gum I am chewing...Green. And third, you are probably wondering why I am packing up my lovely abode.
Well....here ya go.
Back in early Feb, baby cakes lost his job:( It wasn't his dream job or anything, but still a bummer to the checkbook. As you all know, this current economy is not super fantastic to be job hunting in....SO, we are still looking. He has been offered some jobs, but they really won't work for our simple yet fanastic lifestyle (ie...moving across the country, working EVERY sunday until the day he dies, and working at 3am (and getting paid in peanuts) SO....we are still looking. No worries though, we have grown more in the last two and a half months then we could have ever thought possible. We have learned a simple lesson in food storage (thank GOODNESS for cereal) and have learned lessons that will only benefit us in the future. What a great blessing it has been to learn and grow together.
Are you bored yet???

SO, back to the packing (as I just turned around and saw piles of empty boxes....whoops, I got distracted!)

When we signed our lease for our apartment, we only signed a 6 month lease...I have no idea why, but at the time we both felt that 6 months was the best decision. Recently my brother bought a house and my dad and him have been finishing the basement to be a full apartment. Wouldn't you know, the month our lease is up, is the same month they are looking for renters...:) So, we are packing up and headed to live in my brothers basement. I will go from a 5 minute commute to a 25 minute...but living by family will make it worth it. PLUS we get granite countertops in our kitchen. SOLD! This will give us some time to figure out our next step and we don't have to sign a lease:) yahoo! Plus I get to live right next to my adorable neice and nephew! DOUBLE bonus!

This should help you understand why I have been neglecting my sweet blog and blogging friends. I still spy on you fine people from time to time, so keep up the posting. In the mean time, if you know of a job for baby cakes, shoot me an email :) Honestly, we are learning it is not what you know, but who ya know!

I better get my bunz in gear before baby cakes gets home from basketball...I haven't packed a single box:)
Love to all!!!
-Me

10 comments:

Kylee said...

Sorry Linds! That is tough. It is amazing how trials can really bring a husband and wife closer, though. Glad you can room in Landon's basement for awhile. Good luck! Maybe there is better luck in Denver...:)

Becky Foster said...

Ah Linds, thanks for the update. The basement seems sweet, and you two are adorable. Sorry to hear about the job loss. I hate stuff like that. But it'll all work out somehow. Good luck, and keep us updated!

Braydon and Ashlee said...

I miss your face, We may be moving also so we understand the hassal. I want so very bad for your hunny to get a job closer to well, ME! I mean i guess being close to family is great and all, but I miss you so. Good luck moving and we will keep our eyes open for jobs :)

Sabs said...

i forgot to tell you yesterday that i had this crazy dream that you were friends with a drug dealer ("just call me a drug dealer..." hee hee) and you brought him to my house and he threw spaghetti all over me and my house. Then i told you we were finished. harsh right? so stay away from the druggies ok? then we can still be friends:) if you ever get desperate enough seriously i think my sis-in-law would hire brian as a personal trainer in tremonton or preston...just a thought:)

The Nicholsons said...

We will miss you guys in the ward! Good Luck finding a job though!What type of work is he looking for?

Bj said...

Oh Lins, I'm sorry about the job loss! Stuff like that is hard, but a great leaning/growing experience I guess! Good job on the update... now I should get around to mine aye;)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Hang in there kiddo~ he'll find a job. And, I'll look around here. :) If he'd go to nursing school, he could work easily in cardiac rehab--and if he came here to the program in town, he'd have that RN in 17 months. ;) He'd just about be able to write his own ticket. Anywho...yes all those experiences are growing ones. Have fun living close to Landon & MaLese--that sounds like the perfect arrangement.
Oh, and try the Orbit Bubblemint and you could be jamming, chewing, popping, and packing! :)

Thanks for the sweet thank you card! I look forward to meeting my new son-in-law. ;)

Love you to the moon!

Brianna said...

What a bummer about the job! Man, I am PRAYING that SOMETHING in Logan opens up!!!! ThErE'S a NeW gYm in town.... hmmmm.... :-D

Brad and Alison said...

I here you on the job hunt...it pretty much sucks!! Brad has been looking for about a year and still nothing!! I know that doesn't help your situation but I can relate...its tough.

Tanner and Chelsey said...

Hey lyns, I am so sorry about your hunny's job loss when Tuck was a baby and Tanner lost his job it was so tough. Let us know if we can do anything and we can always get you both jobs here if you want to move this way. Hang in there and tell the fam hi for me!