Monday, August 23, 2010

Introducing Guppy

Hi, my name is Guppy. I am just over 2 inches long and I weigh 1/2 ounce, I like to compare myself to the size of a lime. I am over 12 weeks old and growing big and strong every day.

When my Mommy first went potty on the stick...and it came out positive, my Daddy couldn't believe it, and made her take another one...2 in 1 hour! Then a couple days later, she had to take another one! My silly daddy. A postive is a postive:) BUT, he is so excited to meet me. He talks to me all the time and rubs my mommy's belly when she is feeling yucky. He's going to be so fun:)

Now that you are all excited to meet me, let me tell you a little bit about my wee self.

I enjoy anything with potatoes, especially mashed. I think I get this from my Daddy; he is from Idaho. I guess I am his little "spud" or "spud-let".

I haven't craved much sugar, but trust me....my time will come. However, don't tell Grandpa Davis, but I do have a hankering for M&M's every once in a while. Especially the Pretzel ones...again, they have salt:)

I am not a fan of Alfredo Sauce or Ham...even the smell puts me over the edge. Honestly, even the look of white sauce on anything looks nasty. Maybe someday i'll like it...but SICK, not now.

I love my mom and dad's bed and enjoy a good nap. However, I do make my Mommy get up 100 times a night to use the little girls room....I find it quite funny. I make her think she needs to go, so she runs in there...and just a wee trickle comes out. Then I throw my teeny little head back and laugh. Someday she'll think its funny too. I just gotta remind her that I am still in there.

I am not a huge fan of car rides, and I let Daddy and Uncle Lance know that last week on our road trip to California. How do I put this tactfully; Mommy barfed her guts out. I was proud of her for not getting it in her hair or all over the inside of the car. However, I don't think Uncle Lance and Daddy enjoyed the show. I felt better, that's for sure.

This past week I decided to pop out a bit and show Mommy and the rest of the world that I am in here and growing. Mommy's not huge yet, just getting a little bit of a belly. However, I don't feel bad. I need the space. I have a lot of work to do in here.

I am waiting until October to spread my tiny legs and show the world what I am made of. I love driving my parents crazy and not exposing myself until then. My daddy swears up and down that I am going to be his little princess, and Mommy thinks I am going to be her big football star. Mommy and Daddy already got a little excited and bought me an outfit...one for each flavor. I love having my own little secret.

I am planning my trip out of this nice warm uterus, sometime early March. The Dr says March 7th....but I have plans of my own. My mommy has her own idea on when she would like me to come...but I'm making the travel plans. This is a big day for me, I want to be fully cooked and ready for this grand entrance.

Today Mommy and Daddy got to hear my tiny heart beat. The Dr was pretty great and didn't make Mommy strip down and put those funny looking gowns on. I for one am not a fan of those....I feel cold and invaded and I am pretty sure my Mommy isn't a huge fan either:)

Well, like I said...I am busy growing, moving and shaking...so I must be headed for bed. I've got a busy agenda this week of developing my reflexes. Do you know that this week I am able to curl my fingers and toes.....that is why I was finally able to get this email out. I no longer have webbed fingers. Aghhh what a relief.

Well this is Guppy signing off. Hope you all feel like you have gotten to know me better.

For those of you who are a little slow....and need a little explanation....
I'M PREGNANT!!!

31 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

I have been waiting for this post. Whoo hoo! Another grand-guppy...I mean grand-baby! This grandma is totally THRILLED! Wish I was there to continue to watch guppy grow and expand. ;) Congrats to you both! Love ya kiddo...and guppy!

Lindsey said...

WHAAAAA?!?! That's so exciting! Congratulations! Good luck with it :)

Jesse, Hailey, Max and Boston said...

Oh my gosh!! How exciting!! I am so happy for you guys! Can't wait!!

Landon and Dana said...

YEAH!!!! Congrats lins! i am soooo super happy for you and excited to hear more!

Sabs said...

what guppy is pregnant?! heehee! i love guppy already...so funny just like mama

The Nicholsons said...

That is so exciting! Being a mommy ROCKS! I know you will love it :)

Cayli said...

Congrats! Lins! Being a mom is the best!!

Davis Fam said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!! How exciting!

april said...

Super cute announcement post!! Love it and I am SOOOOO excited!!! I can't wait to meet the wee little one ;) Sorry to hear that you had the barfies on your trip, not fun....I know.

ALIX said...

Lindsey!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

ALIX said...

Lindsey!!! Congratulations! I am so excited for you!

Becky Foster said...

OH MY OH MY OH MY!!! YAY! I'm so so happy for you two love birds. Congrats!! And I hear that a really cool girl has a birthday on March 6th, and so little guppy should enter this world on that day. :)

erica said...

wow linds, i am super excited for you! being a mom is the best, and you will be so good at it. i can't wait for march...i hope you start feeling better soon! pregnancy sickness is the worst!!!

Aimee Smith said...

Yeah! Me too! I am due in January! Congrats Lyns!

Kim Francom said...

Congrats cute girl! That was the cutest announcement - I loved reading every word! Yay!

Lindsay said...

SOOO excited for you and the hubby! Keep us posted! :o)

Bj said...

Congratulations! That is awesome:)

Braydon and Ashlee said...

Woo Woo! I know you wont want to but if guppy could come 3 days late him/her will be born on shayelle's first birthday, how fun! So excited for you! yay kiddie kandid mommies. I knew you had to join the bandwagon soon, you were feeling left out i bet. you will be an amazing mom and will love it, it is the best! let me know if you need anything, im really good at sympathizing with preggars!

The Powells said...

Congrats Lindsey! I am soooooo excited for you guys! I can't wait - we'll be in Utah in March - we'll get to come and see you and the little peanut! (Have her on March 6th, that's Emi's birthday :)I LOVE YOU TONS! Hang in there on the food stuffs and the sickies... they're no fun.

Tanner and Chelsey said...

heeheehee....You are so cute! Im glad everything is right on schedule:) Congratulations again and again and again! We are sooo excited for you.

Ryan and Brittany said...

Ahhhh!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!! I hope you have a girl so that way she can be close to all the "Sweetwood" girls! I hope you feel better... no more throwing up!! Congrats girlie. I am so happy for you!

Kylee said...

Hooray! That is so exciting! Congrats! I was going to call you a few weeks ago b/c I had a dream that you were pregnant. Who knew you really were! I hope you get feeling better, but for now, stay out of those cars! :)

Lindsey and Brett said...

SO exciting! Congratulations!

The Aprecios said...

FLIP YEAH!!! I knew it was coming, even though you swore to me you wanted to wait a little while! CONGRATS! I am so excited for you. Like, probably more excited than you are since I know how much fun you are going to be having (especially if its a boy, but I hear that girls are kind of fun too :)

Brad and Alison said...

wahoooo!!! Can't wait to hear weather guppy is a girl or a boy! Congrats.

Lindsey said...

Pony, you are so freaking cute!!! I love the wee one's little story....I feel like I know her already...yup..that is my guess...we will see!! U will have to give the little one my hugs and kisses....I think the guppy will be a girl because she already has a handsome little Lincoln prince waiting for her.....we love you guys!! Congrats again!!

Dani said...

Wahoo! Cheers! Hurray! This baby is going to be beautiful. I'm so excited. Please be sure to keep us posted on everything. And we'll need lots of pictures of you preggers too. We are so excited for you! Mat actually called me and said, "Lindsey's pregnant! Go comment on her blog!"

Kate said...

I loved reading the cute story! Very clever! Congratulations Lindsey... you are going to be a wonderful mommy!

Brianna said...

Lindsey!!!! yayy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! That is such happy happy news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to be a dang cute Mommy!!!!!!

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh how exciting! Congrats! Can't wait to find out what "it" is!!!

Chris and Shae said...

Congratulations! You're going to be one amazing Mom to your little guppy. I'm so excited for you!!!