Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dylan's first trip to the ER

Wow. Who knew that an innocent double ear infection could destroy a poor little boys body so bad!!! Poor little bug has had a rough week. Last Monday he had a double ear infection so he went to amoxicillin. A week later I was taking him back because he kept pulling on his ears... So bad that they bled. Right before our appt I noticed that he had spots on his leg... Within 30 minutes he had full blown hives.
Monday night his ear was all swollen and he was covered on his bum and belly. By Tuesday morning his eyes were almost swollen shut. Throughout the day he got worse and worse... The benadryl wasn't doing a thing!!! At 10pm on Tuesday night I called my mom over because his spots and hives had purple and gray spots, he had a fever and was miserable. We decided to take him in to the ER. Poor guy was miserable. I am SO glad we took him!! They started him on some steroids and he is MUCH better. Less puffy and red, but really cranky!!! And kinda mean today; he hates all his meds and hates me for giving to him. Oh well.. It must be done:( enjoy the pics of my leper baby

9 comments:

Johnny and Becky said...

oh, poor little man!! I bet you're exhausted. Hopefully he'll recover oh so soon.

erica said...

oooohhhhhh, so sad lindsay!!!! that last picture is a tear jerker!!! i am so glad that he's on the mend. there's nothing worse as a parent to see your child sick and miserable. you always wish it was happening to you instead. i'm glad he has such a good mommy to take care of him!

april said...

How sad! Thank goodness for the ER. Poor little guy needed it bad.

Hope he is back to his happy self really soon!

Sabs said...

i want to hold you! all of you! ok maybe not Brian that could be awkward. there there. I hear the best medicine is a trip to see your BFF. I'm just sayn:)

Dani said...

POOR BABY! Poor Mommy! Hope everyone is doing better.

Unknown said...

POOR GUY!!! thos pictures break my heart!! I hope he is feeling better and everyone is getting some rest!!

Bj said...

Oh poor little guy! His thighs are delicious by the way! Hope he gets feeling better soon:)

The Nicholsons said...

Poor little guy! Those pics are just so sad! My niece is allergic at amoxicillin, too. She looked just like him, all covered in hives. I hope he is back to normal now. Having sick kids, is the worst!

Ashley and Dave said...

Oh my gosh! He looks awful...I can say that, right? Because now he is better and is normally totally handsome and cute. Poor him and Poor YOU! Sometimes I think it is harder being the worrying parent!