Wednesday, May 14, 2008

NYC Thursday- Saturday

Thursday was amazing! Here I am on the ferry ride over to Ms. Liberty. . . it was so much fun, and slightly windy:)
They had such intense security. We got checked on the main land and then had to wait in a forever long line to get checked again....INTENSE! The security people got really mad at me for having a water bottle....oh such drama!
Let me just tell you how much I love my camera! While I was standing around, bored:) in lines I was playing with some functions....this is called selective coloring...where it just picks out the green. I love this picture! I gave my camera to a friend and she caught this pic of Adam and I just chilling! I love it!
Because we hadn't walked enough that day:)....we walked over to Brooklyn Bridge! We were so tired, but had so much fun!
Seriously, could we get any better looking? Erica, Lyns and Christian just struttin our stuff:)
Call me amazing....I have always wanted a sweet taxi shot....and I couldn't of asked for better! This was selective color again.....I LOVE THIS PICTURE!! I just may be famous some day:)
The flat iron bldg has always been my favorite! And the best part is, our hotel was just blocks away! We had dinner at the Shake Shack....you stand in line for about 1.5 hours for the most amazing shake and burger you have ever had. I am not the worlds biggest hamburger fan, but this sucker was incredible.
Today we went to the World Trade Center site....Talk about emotional. They have this tribute center that was incredible. We were all in tears. I took this picture on the ferry ride back from State of Liberty...The skyline shows where the two bldgs would have been.
FRIDAY....FRIDAY....FRIDAY...FRIDAY...FRIDAY........
We were so lucky with weather, until today. It rained pigs and chickens....I love the rain, but seriously Mother Nature and I were in a huge fight this day. This wasn't a light spring sprinkle....i'm talking buckets of stinkin rain came down. I went through two pairs of shoes! And I had an umbrella...and still looked like a drown rat. We went to Hard Rock to drown our sorrows....it was so much fun! Food was super expensive, but this is New York....go big or go home right?

The smile of my face is fake....the wind and the rain...I was beyond mad:) I am having to shield the wind.....grrrr. This was on our way to the MOMA muesum...I am sure any other day I would of loved this place, but I was tired, wet and cold and there was trillions of people inside!
I love this picture....Three drown rats!
SATURDAY....SATURDAY.....SATURDAY......SATURDAY....
The four amigos had to head out for one last quick adventure. We went turbo shopping in the morning and ran over to Shake Shack (again) to grab a quick bite before our shuttle left....I was SOOO not ready to leave!
Here we are waiting for the shuttle ride from hell....I am not kidding you....we all got so car sick from this ride! It was the jerkiest, most horrific ride of my life! I had a picture from inside the shuttle...but I look alittle green! There was 11 of us per van...and 10 of us were so sick!
Needless to say I had an incredible time! I have always had a love and passion for NYC and now I have been there:) My trip was perfect, each day was amazing. And the friendships I made on this trip was incredible! What a perfect end to my Utah State Career! Honestly I am so lucky to have been accepted into the Interior Design program...my teachers are incredible and I have some of the most amazing memories of my 4 years up there!

5 comments:

Martha said...

Your pictures are too cute! I am so glad that I got to meet you! I hope everything goes well for you! You deserve only good things!

Sabs said...

ok so i'm totally jealous now! love the "selective color" pics! That's amazing. i want a cool camera like that! awesome pics! awesome trip!

Dani said...

I'm so jealous. Like SO SO jealous. I just love the Taxi picture too! Agh, I love all the picture because you're in New York! Again, did I mention I was jealous!?

Ali Andrus said...

You took the most amazing photos! You need to get these framed, they're incredible! It looks like you had the most fun EVER!!! NYC is all about good times. :)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

What a fun adventure! I love NYC too--and I relived my visit through your pictures! Fortunately when I was there, the weather was OUTSTANDING!!! You went to all the places I went. Our hotel was the Marriot Marquis in Times Square. We had a window that overlooked all the wonderful views of Times Square. It was so awesome that we slept at night with the drapes open just so we could see all the neon. I want to go back. I have about a dozen plays I want to see. Glad you had fun. :-)