Friday, May 23, 2008

Viva Las Vegas/ Lake Mead

Talk about the best trip ever! It was so much fun. Matt and his roommate Jaime bought Wave- runners and needed to head to Vegas to pick them up. Matt picked me up SUPER early wednesday morning and we headed down. He had just gotten off of work, and needed some sleep....we both slept almost the whole way to St. George...It made the drive go by so quick!
We stayed wednesday night at the MGM grand....it was so awesome! We went swimming, and ate like rockstars:) And we didn't gamble! We thought about it though! The weather in Vegas was so beautiful. It was the perfect temperature.
Thursday we woke up bright and early and headed to Lake Mead. We had to test out the new machines:) I love this picture.... we had so much fun! And we only flipped once! The water was so warm and the weather was insane!
This is Alison...we had so much fun gettin to know eachother. It was great having another girl on the trip!
Alison and Jamie...it was so funny, these two couldn't stay on their wave runner. They were always tipping over. I swear they were in the water more than they were on their machines!
And the two grand champion wave runners are....Linds and Matt! Matt was crazy enough to let me drive....poor guy, he had no idea what he was gettin himself into:) I almost lost him once.....but he held on!
What is this? Luckily I worked my sweetness and got these boys out of citation....well actually I don't think all my bend and snaping did anything; but the cop was cool. Because they just bought them, naturally they didn't have time to register them in the state of Utah, cause we were in Nevada....dah. He was pretty cool about it. And we are off....a quick trip down, and a long trip home! Those suckers weighed/and slowed us down:)
Poor sleepy little guy! Actually this picture was taken right after I woke up. Thank goodness....I hate pictures of me sleeping!
This picture cracks me up! Matt's eyes are so bloodshot:) We were so tired and beat up, but it was so worth it! However I am feeling it today! We came back to the rain and cooler weather....I am so ready to go back:)

7 comments:

Jill said...

What fun! The weather and water look so gorgeous! I'm SO ready for summer!

Lindsey said...

Ali...what happened to that last picture? It looks so dark and fuzzy!! we need to fix that!
Sorry folks....I am not sure what happened to it:)

Sabs said...

hooray you're home (ha ha the first time i typed that i said hoe instead of home....ahhhh i should have left it that way!) um i want to talk to you!! i miss you!!!!! how come you and jess get to hang out all the time...i'm super jealous!

Stef said...

how fun, i love wave runners if you wanna knock the guys off (like i've done danny you gotta get into the tight circles and just keep figure 8ing them till they can't hold on anymore :) glad you had fun!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Fun trip. Matt--is he husband material? ;-)

The Powells said...

Lindsey!!!! You seriously have too much fun. It seems like you are ALWAYS off to another adventure (with some random new guy)! Perhaps you should adventure out my way sometime? ;)

april said...

Looks like you had a great time you crazy fools. I guess crazy needs company too! See you for our Lost party!!! Are you bringing Sawyer?