Sunday, December 14, 2008

My USU Graduation.......kinda...not really....grrr.....

Many of you are gasping is disbelief that the "Eternal Student", has finally done it. Yes folks, Saturday I Graduated....(Kinda). Feel free to have a good laugh at my expense.

Graduation, CLEARLY has never been my thing. The day before my HS graduation, my best friend Sabrina and I were in a car accident. No worries, we both lived, but we were in a TON of pain at Graduation. Something else happend right before I graduated Medical Assisting school...but I can't remember!! Needless to say, Saturday I was a little scared:)

I drove up to Logan Friday night and stayed with my old roommate. About 1:15am I noticed that the storm that had been threatening to come, was showing its ugly face. At 6:00am I called my parents and told them the weather was FAR too bad for them to make the dangerous drive to Logan. All of you Loganites can testify that Sardine Canyon, in a storm, is a BEAST!!
I figured since my parents were snowed out, that I wasn't going to go sit in a two hour graduation, and walk for no one!! Instead, I went SHOPPING!!! Big mistake.

Besides the fact that mother nature was beatin down hard and by 10am there was already 8 inches of snow...I decided that I needed to wrap up my Christmas shopping. To make a long and cold story short....I BLEW A TIRE!!! Did I mention that it was a blizzard out there??? I had been driving around all morning before I realized that the noise was,not my car beatin down on the snow and ice...it was the RIM OF MY TIRE!!! I wanted to cry and laugh....remember how I JUST replaced my windsheild last saturday....grrrr....

My dear friend Chad came and put on my spare and followed me to Big-O. It took those idiots TWO HOURS to fix it...and then when I went back to go get my car...they had left the SUN ROOF OPEN!! Who the *&^&%* knows why....it was a BLIZZARD!!! So, my car was filled with SNOW!!! I was TICKED!

I was tired and cold, but I needed a picture of me in my Grad-get-up. So once again I braved the zero-butt degree weather and grabbed my friend Liz and headed up to USU for a Graduation Picture!!

Here I am, freezing on the A:)

NOTE: Never try and jump off the A in the snow. It NEVER works out.

OUCH!!! Luckily the concrete and snow broke my fall....OUCH OUCH OUCH. My leg and arm hurt SOOO bad today!! What a dork!

I am totally swearing under my breath in this picture! j/k, but I wanted too. I was FREEZING, sore, coverd in snow and laughing so hard, I nearly wet myself!!
Needless to say, I got in my car, braved the weather and headed home. Stupid Graduation!! 7 years for NOTHING:) just kidding!! It has NEVER felt better!! It was actually quite a funny day, and I am SOO glad that my graduation isn't like ANYONE elses!!

14 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Congratulations to my daughter! I'm thrilled that the day came when you finally graduated, but sorry you had a rough graduation day. I do love the pictures though! Congrats again!!!! I love you.

Come visit--Daniel is still waiting for you! :-)

Brooke said...

Congrats lady!!! You are beautiful even in the freezing cold snow and aching body! I thought it looked like you were freezing your "A" off in those pictures! I am glad that you are done :) What an accomplishment!!!

Lindsey said...

Oh Pony I am so glad you made it home alive!! I feel so bad you had such a terrible day and that I had to work at my stupid job so I could not comfort my sweet pony!! But I was glad to see your sweet fury face anyway!! Well enjoy being a college grad, it is so sweet isn't it!?

Billy and Nikki said...

Lindsey! So cute I love the pictures! Congrats, what an amazing accomplishment!

Martha said...

Yeah! Congratulations girl! Cars...can't live with them, can't live without them :)

Sabs said...

you are soooo freakn hillarious!!! Every once in a while i like to remember why we are friends:) come over and i will hold you!

Ali Andrus said...

Oh, my little baby goat, you are so funny. This could happen only to you. Your life is never boring. I wish I could've been there to witness this. Just think, NO MORE SCHOOL! You totally can party it up now. I'm so happy for you :)

Annie said...

You look so hot in your Graduation Gown! Congratulations love! I'm so happy for you, and I'm glad you had an eventful day even though you didn't walk. It feels so good to be done though doesn't it! It's almost weird because you're kinda like "Ok, now what do I do with all this free time? Oh yeah...get a job." :)

Brianna said...

Linds, Linds, Linds.... although your story brings a sad tear to my eye, it also brings a giggle to my mouth. :-) You poor thing... but congrats on BEING DONE!!! WOO HOO!!! Now you just need to move to Logan to spend your days with me. :-D
THANK YOU FOR THE ADORABLE PRESENT!!! I lOvE it! And Savannah LOVES the Bell on top. She has declared it hers. :-) Love you!

Lindsey and Brett said...

Congratulations! And to think... I was there at the beginning of your college experience. :) I'm glad you survived graduation. But, if you are planning on more school, please be careful when graduation rolls around. These stories make me very nervous for you. Congrats and your pictures are awesome. Has anyone ever told you that you are very photogenic? Well you are.

Travis and Nikki said...

Congrats on your accomplishment. I love the pics. you must have the best camera. So what did you graduate in this time? Was it interior design? Now what are you going to do? I wish the best to you and I think you are BEAUTIFUL LOVE YA NIK

Becky Foster said...

Oh my dearest Lindsey. I feel so sad for you, yet what a powerful story to share. Congrats, and I hope that your joints will heal soon!

Stef said...

congrats. you must have been the sexiest grad! love the pictures, love the grad, now you have plenty of time to get your butt down here!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog & your avatar pic drew me in...you are GORGEOUS! Then I scrolled down & saw these graduation pics...haha...SOOO FREEZING!!! Job well done..congrats!!!!