Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Are you Fireproof??

Thanks to my dear friend Brianna's blog, I came across this feel-good movie. She had seen a preview on Dr. Phil about the movie "Fireproof"....with EVERYONES favorite star from Growing Pains, Kirk Cameron. I'm not gonna lie....the acting in this movie makes cheese look good; but the message is incredible. I cried like a fool. It almost felt like a "churchy" movie, with the bad acting and the feel good message. But SERIOUSLY....I thought it was a good movie. The message is simple, clear and something everyone should be reminded of. HOWEVER...like I am one to talk...seeing that I am TOTALLY married and all....hehehehehe.
Please remember....the acting will make you giggle...and remind you of Seminary and Young Womens videos...however, Kirk Cameron will once again melt your Growing Pain heart.
PS....did anyone else notice that this movie is about FIREMEN....my obsession continues:)

8 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

You're WAAAAAAY too cute for your own good!

Since Kirk Cameron is extremely religious, this movie does not surprise me (Did you check out " Left Behind"). Will have to check out this movie.
Love ya!

Billy and Nikki said...

come over tonight. I can't find my cell phone call me at my house. love ya

Brianna said...

I'm so happy you saw it too! I totally agree, the acting is pretty cheesy in parts. But I loved Kirk Cameron and the message, so I still loved it! (I DID feel like I was watching a seminary video!) I cried too.... like A FOOL! :-) I love you Lindsey! When are you going to come play?!

Sabs said...

hmmmm did you cry bc it was touching or bc it was sad?? i must know before i try to bribe daniel to watch it with me:) he's anti-sad movies.

Jesse, Hailey, Max and Boston said...

I totally agree! The acting sometimes makes you laugh but I thought it was a great movie to make! It was uplifting to know that there are still people out there doing good. I agree.. everyone should watch it...may be cheesy, but supporting good movies is a must these days! sure miss ya lyns! hope you are doing great!

Kylee said...

We just saw it the other night too. Definitely cheesy acting, but so good! We loved it as well!

Bj said...

Wow, that makes two strong recomendations now. looks like I've got a movie to go rent. Come over and play and you me and Bri can all watch it and bawl together. plan?

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

Is it an old school movie? Can I find it at my local movie vendor? I miss you kid.