Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Workin 9-5". . . .

Many of you know that Christmas Eve, I was "laid off"....due to this wonderful thing, we blame EVERYTHING on...the Economy.

After MANY interviews/phone calls/printed resumes/etc...I have a job. I am working for Rodworks in Draper as their Manager. For all you locals, I expect visitors. For you, not-so-local's...I still expect visits. Rodworks is a SUPER cute home decor store (that sells...TONS of CLOCKS...i'm toast) My first day is TOMORROW...and I am super excited. As you have probably guessed...this is FULL TIME!! Hence, I may not be checking Email/Facebook/Blogger every hour; BUT STILL at least once/twice a day:)

Side note: I would like to send out a congrats to my 3 winners of the "Pay it off" contest. Cheers ladies, you did well.
Sabrina, Ashley R, Keesa....a job well done my friends. Please text me your home address....so I can mail off the loot.

12 comments:

Bj said...

freekin yay! it's about dang time!!! I am comming to SLC area in a few weeks and am having a cravig for more home decor, If I can convince ben, we are there!
Congrats Mrs. Manager Davis!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Congrats! Glad to hear you won't be slacking anymore. :-) But, don't forget to keep up this blog! :-) Will you still be living at home?
Love you!!!

Kylee said...

Congrats Linds! That is so great! I have always wanted to check out that store, so next time I am in Utah I will definitely stop in and say hi!

Ashley and Dave said...

I am so proud of you for growning up and not being such a bum. Ha. Love your face!

maggie said...

Congrats Linds! Rod Works is a favorite of mine! You bet I'll come visit (as long as the new manager doesn't mind if my 2 year old destroys her store! :)) and of course I expect her employee discount!

Ryan and Brittany said...

Yay linds!!! You got a job! Wahoo... now tell me how it is done!

Kim Francom said...

Yay! I'm so happy for you! And jealous... I was recently let go due to the economy as well. boo! You'll have to let me know how you don't let yourself buy every clock in the store, I've seen your collection. :D I'll have to stop in next time I'm down that way, it's a great store.

Jesse, Hailey, Max and Boston said...

That is so awesome! I love that store! Good luck not spending your check there! That will be so much fun! I hope you love it! I will have to come in for sure after this little guy decides to come...

Sabs said...

hooray! so i wanna see what your first day on the job outfit was. :) hopefully you had something on underneath one of your fabulous jackets:) hee heee hee

Martha said...

YEAH! Congratulations girl :)

Eileen said...

Hey. I just saw your comment on Glory's blog, and decided to come say HI. HI! You are still a doll. And now I have California-envy.

Scott and Glory said...

Okay Miss Linz.... I LOVE that store, not too far from Nik's! Hey I will be there Thursday! Hopefully see you then.