Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Babysitters Club

I am home! I was up in Seattle last month as a Nanny for the Fairbanks family. I watched their little 7 year old girl Hannah. Lori Johnson and I tagged team our babysitting efforts; she watched her 3 year old granddaughter Molly and I watched Molly's "aunt" Hannah. Matt and Kim Fairbanks were traveling in Spain for two weeks; and the Fairbanks family was moving. Lori and I had a blast. For those of you who don't know. . . Lori was my young womens leader growing up and I love her so much! We had a great time together...laughing, wanting to cry, playing scrabble until wee hours of the morning and eating Sugar Babies and Junior Mints. Here are some pictures of my journey this past three weeks. . .
While I was at church, I ran into these familiar faces; Mat, Dani and James Williams!
One day Lori and I ventured out to the Woodland Park Zoo. Don't you love Molly's face? PS Linda, we took this picture by the elephants for you:)

I love this picture of Molly talking to the Snakes
All I can say is....SPOILIED:) But thats our job!
I love this picture! Lori and I were in the other room talking and left the girls alone for a bit watching a movie. I came back to find both girls in just their underwear tieing themselves together! we have clearly lost control:)

For the second part of my trip, Lori and I took the girls to Central Washington to play at Lake Chelan. The Fairbanks have a house out there, right on the lake. We had SOOO much fun. Lori and I both had a goal to soak up as much sun as possible. We wore our swimming suits for a week solid.


We were in the lake everyday. It was slightly chilly at times, but totally worth it!

I LOVE this picture of our little "angels" helping us cook. They helped us make Lori's famous chocolate chip cookies!
And the Babysitters are off:) We tried to float away. . . the dang current kept bringing us back!
Here is my little Hannah Banana:) We had a great time together.

I love this picture of Molly. She was so tired from playing in the lake all day.
Towards the end of the week, Lori's husband Rick came up. I just happened to sneak this little picture of these crazy love birds!
Lori and I. . . basically cooked:) We seriously were in the sun everyday, all day! We both got quite the cute little tan.
After we returned the children, in one piece, back to their rightfull owners; Lori and I headed out for Lunch, Pedicures and Manicures. We DESERVED IT!
While I was "home" I was able to see a couple familiar faces. There are many of you who I missed this trip, and I am soo sorry!! It was just so crazy! Next time:)
Sabrina and I got to see eachother for 30 glorious minutes at about 10:30pm one night. It was short, but totally worth it!
And the day I flew out, was the day Kylee flew in from Colorado; I ran over and saw her for about 45 minutes before my plane left! I am so glad it worked out:)
It was a very fun trip, and very long! I truely couldn't of done this without Lori. We make a great babysitting team! I love you Lori and thanks for playing with me! I will never forget our 7 days of scrabble, our candy/icee runs, searching for dead bodies in the lake, our amazing jet skiing and all of our laughs! I love you!

7 comments:

trevor and keesa said...

my sweet weiness, it sounds like you had too much of an adventure without me...sniff sniff! Just for a little update, my hair is still brown, no more pink or red, i've gotten terribly fat! but my love for you still burns the same!

april said...

You survived!! It felt like you were gone for 2 years!! I feel like I haven't talked to you for a lifetime!! I have some really big news!!!! It is not what you think. WE need to talk. I missed you!!!!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

How fun! Sure wish I could have been there. And, thanks for my picture by the elephants--at least I know you two thought of me at least once. :-)
Love you!!
And Georgia is next!!!!!!!!!!

Sabs said...

so glad i look like a man in that pic! you should've posted the bum shot ha ha !!!! can't wait to see you again!!!!!!

Kate said...

Hey Girl...I'm so glad to see you are home with all your fingers and toes, well at least the ones you left with!! :) You better call me THIS week so we can scrapbook...I don't have anybody to play with here...I'm so lonely!! Please call...I need you!! :) :)

Stef said...

how fun. glad you had a good time. Great job spoiling them. Ethan says it's his turn. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.