Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Family that Showers Together, Stays Together

For the 4th of July weekend my family went on a three day camping trip in Mayfield Canyon (Down past Gunnison). We took our toyhauler and fourwheelers and had a FANTASTIC time!

Thrusday: We set up camp, went on a ride and played games. For those who are new to camping terminology. . A toyhauler, hauls your toys:) and then turns into a sleeper cabin with three beds, a full bathroom and kitchen. My parents, Katie and I slept in the ToyHauler and Landon, MaLese and Carly slept in the tent.


Don't you love the close quarters....??? we were squished, but happy:)

Friday:Today MaLese and my Mom went into town to get some water and twizzlers and the rest of us went on an AWESOME ride. MaLese is pregnant and therefore shouldn't be on any extreme rides...so this is why we left them. Our ride was awesome! We were gone for 4 hours and even rode down an old mud slide. . . check out our trail:) we had to clear away a whole tree!!

Don't you love Katie and Landon's faces? As you can tell, they were in the back!!
So after our DIRTY DIRTY ride...we had a family shower (hence the tittle)


At night we roasted weinees and mellows and enjoyed time by the campfire:)



Saturday: After we cleaned up camp, we went on one last ride. It was very pretty...besides the dead rotting deer we passed:)


We had a great time. . . filled with dirt, charging cows, fourwheeling, twizzlers, hot dogs and little to no sleep:)

10 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

And why weren't we invited? I thought we were family??????

Hey, it looked like a lot of fun. I sure miss that dad-gumbed family of yours (and you!!)

Now it's time to plan your trip to Georgia!

Love you!!!!!

Lindsey and Brett said...

Your family is the cutest! Looks like you all had a great time! Even though I only spent a few days with your family forever ago, I still remember having a grand time. You guys know how to party. :)

Sabs said...

i wanna go camping with the davis fam!!! p.s. you should be ashamed making the prego sleep on the ground while you slept in a bed!

The Powells said...

I'm jealous... your family is THE coolest!

trevor and keesa said...

i can't believe you left nike home all alone. that is cruel and unusual punishment....you do realize i don't live that far, i would have babysat!! i miss you.

april said...

Cute family!! You got some super cute shots! I am glad you are able to sleep inside, I wouldn't want to worry about you, you know how clinical my bear phobia is

Jill said...

What fun! You always have the coolest pictures. And thanks for your nice comment. You're such a sweetie!

Stef said...

I wanted to go, why didn't you wait for me? sheesh I was packed and on my way to your house and when I got there NO ONE...RUDE...

ok ok I'm a liar but I wish I wasn't. :)
i miss you guys!

Lindsey said...

oh my sweet pony I am glad you returned back in one piece!! Camping did look fun and exciting!! I am glad you got in somewhat of a shower!! Although I must chastise you for not coming and staying with us you naughty pony!!! I guess I forgive you, only because you have such a brillant mane and tail.....I miss you my little friend!!

Kate said...

Those are so super fun pictures Linds!! You and your family sure have an awesome spark about you all!