Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Weekend

For Memorial Day weekend, my family (minus Katie) headed down to Zions National Park for a little camping/hiking. We took the toyhauler and stayed in a SUPER nice RV park. We Davis' know how to camp in style (toliets/showers/grass/dairy queen...etc). Here is a quick photo journal of our fantastic weekend.
SATURDAY-
We did a bunch of little bitty hikes and a watery tour of the back half of the Narrows.

For those of you who are new....
Lindsey, MaLese, Landon, Daddy-O, Carly

The water was a tad bit chilly...but after your legs went numb...NO BIG DEAL!

Even Koda had a splendid time:)

SUNDAY-
Today we ventured off to Angels Landing. This hike is not for those who are afraid of heights...at all!! Once you wind your way to the top, you are hiking across rocks, that are at times 3-5 feet wide...with 1,000 foot drop off on either side of you. CRAZY! Sometimes, if you weren't holding on to the chain...well lets just say, you'd be dead. Don't worry, Mom and Koda stayed behind ready to collect on life insurance:)

Check out these pictures....
Dad took a "before" picture. Basically a head count before the landing. On average, 1 person dies every other year....neat. Isn't weird that my dad took out life insurance on each of us, before the hike...weird. Just kidding

PLEASE NOTE....My mother is FREAKING out, because it appears as if I am a hoochie-mama in my spank shorts. FOR THE RECORD, they are knee length cotton BLACK shorts that locked in heat like the freakin desert...SO, I tenderly rolled them up, a smidge...to prevent heat stroke and chaffing:) If you would like more information...please feel free to call. 1-800 Imma Hoochie.

Ya...we are amazing.

We HAD to lean forward...because RIGHT behind us, was death. My dad was SOOO nervous taking the picture!! That swiggly line behind us, is the road:)

WE MADE IT!!! Up and Back....:) Check out the road behind us!! CRAZY!

Here is a little perspective shot for you...this is on the way down angels, I wish you could feel the power...
Sabrina, this is where I was talking to you, when you called:) Hehehehe!! I love top of the world phone calls!!!
After the trek to Angels we took a much shorter/easier hike to "cool" off....isn't Koda DARLING???? I love her little eyes!!

She held on SOOO tight...it was SOOO cute!

Here is the Family, minus Katie who had to stay behind, because she was Chicken (or she had to work). Either way, we missed her.
It was a splendid weekend!! Filled with oreo's, games, laughing, naps, fire alarms, starbursts and fantastic flushing toliets and showers. Life doesn't get much better:)

13 comments:

Lindsey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rick Johnson Family said...

Wowzers! I am so surprised your Dad would take you on such a dangerous journey. Your lives were definitly at stake! NICE dad!

Becky Foster said...

You are a sexy hoochie mama that's fo sho! And that hike freaks me out, but good job! I miss yer face!

Ani said...

cute pictures girl! i love the little story about your mom's concerns. that is hilarious! looks like you had so much fun! you are so beautiful!!

Bj said...

AHH! I am TERRIFIED of heights and lets be honest, my stomach flips just looking at the pictures:) But... It looks fun!:)

Sabs said...

i really am insanely jealous! one day i'm gonna have a cool cell that can beam me over:) hee hee now i see the shorts you really are slushy:) love it!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Whoa--I would have hung out with your mom and Koda--those heights look a little scary! Glad all of you were safe....
Love you!!

Lindsey and Brett said...

I have always suspected that there was a hoochie buried somewhere in you just waiting to come out. ; ) But seriously, that looks like an awesome family outing.

The Powells said...

Lyns,

I have to tell you that my first thought when I saw your picture (the one with the "shorts") was "Whoa Lyns - how short are those?" LOL. But then I read the writing under the picture and had to laugh. I'm jealous of your trip - I miss Utah. I'll be home soon. (two years soon).

Jenn

Brianna said...

I want to call that phone number now... :-) I'm so glad that you had so much fun! You deserved a good break away from work and life. I sure love you and miss my little Lindsey love!

Ali Andrus said...

How do you look so fabulous when you are out "roughing" it? It looks like a blast... and Koda is getting so big, and still a cutie! Miss you love you. xOxO

Unknown said...

Great pictures!! you have the cutest niece ever....

P.S why do you look so glamorous in all these pictures?!? aren't you supposed to be roughing it??

Matt and Kim Fairbanks said...

Landon! You're a giant! It's been too long. And you're baby has too much hair...Jane is jealous. :) What a little cutie! And OH MAN, what a hottie tottie little Auntie!