Monday, July 6, 2009

Kidney Stone #6...I hate you!

Viewer discression advised.
PG-13 for painful images

Please remember, I am recording this for my prosperity...you are reading this at your own risk.
Kidney Stones = DEATH.
I am not kidding. Unless you have had one or watched someone go through one...you will never understand the sheer un-imaginable pain. BUT, because I am super thoughtful, I will share my lovely week/weekend with you:)
Wednesday-
10:00pm- Out for a run...(shocker, I know) and all of the sudden...I feel a little pain. Dangit!
1:30am- on the phone with the on call ER doctor...

Thursday- I think I am tough...so I head off for an 8 hour shift at work...5 hours later...Home. Tears. Pick up Lori:)
9:30pm- Enter Emergancy Room...lovingly giving orders to the doctors and nurses...slow pokes. Lori and Mom sit with me...and correct me as the nurse says "are you married"..I said "Yes". Whoops. You can't drug a person up and then ask them tough questions!!!!
12:30am- CT scan.. and we find there is a kidney stone (passing) in my right kidney. DUH! The doctor measured it...and it is a 4!!! I have only ever passed a 2! THAT IS DOUBLE THE SIZE!! I beg to be euthanized.
2:00am- Leave ER.

Friday- Time to plan the wedding. The day time was rough...then evening went much better. I even got a sweet game of volleyball in:) I have a new nickname..."Stoner".

Saturday-Besides the fact that I had some INSANELY sweet plans...today was a disaster. Worst 4th of July EVER!!! From 10am-5pm....I paced around the house, cried, shook like a leaf, cried, cried and cried. Seriously, no drugs even touched the pain. Honestly the worst 7 hours of my life. The pain lasted throughout the night, but I was able to catch a couple hours of sleep. Lame. I didn't even see ONE FIREWORK!! Ewe...next year better knock my socks off.

Sunday- Went to church for...15 holy minutes, left in pain. Why do I try?? Luckily I was able to catch some relief thoughout the afternoon. I got to play some games, eat a little food and hang out with the family and some out of town friends. THANK GOODNESS!! I needed a little fun:) Sunday night around 11pm...things got a little wild again. Honestly, my patience and tolerance...GONE!

Monday- The little fella still hasn't passed. I worked today from 8am-7pm....YIKES! I am tired/tired and tired. Good thing I love my job!!! I have NEVER had a kidney stone this big or this EVERLASTING!!! SERIOUSLY, pray for relief! I can't take it much longer!!!

Needless to say the weekend did not go as planned..luckily my friends and family understood. I just don't understand why no one took the liberty of putting me out of my misery!! Isn't that what you do to a lame horse?? dying deer?? etc. COME ON PEOPLE!!

Pray Pray Pray that this baby passes SOON!!! This is technically like my 6th child! And I have NOTHING to show for it!!

10 comments:

Lindsey and Brett said...

Holy crap! You've had 6 of these things!? That's horrible. I'm so sorry. I really hope it passes soon and you never have another one!

Kylee said...

I am so sorry linds! That has got to be so horrible. I hope it passes soon for you, and that you don't die in the process. I would hate for you to die before you come out to Denver! :) Maybe next time you should try having babies instead. :)

Becky Foster said...

Ah Lindsey!!! I'm so-oo-oo sorry. I so wish that I could pass it for you. Stupid stones. I'm praying for you.

Ashley and Dave said...

SORRY! Dave used to have those, but for some reason he doesnt anymore...which I think he is thankful for...I kind of liked to watch him squirm though. Mean wife me.

Brianna said...

Oh my sweet Lindsey! I'm so sorry you are in pain!!! I will pray, pray, PRAY that this little bugger escapes soon!!!

april said...

I am so so so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this again!!! You poor poor little pony. I am relieved though that I did not miss your wedding and they decided against euthanizing you. I hope it passes soon. Giving birth to babies will be a breeze (they are softer) ;)

Braydon and Ashlee said...

lindsey.... :( if i could extricate it for you i so would, the grossness doesnt even bother me. get better, love and miss you!!!

Ben and Summer said...

Oh honey, trust me, I will! You are going to think Labor is a breeze compared to this! It never lasts that long! You are such a soldier. We will pray for you! Can they not blast it??

Linda and Dave Browne said...

My poor Lindsey-Lou!!! I'm sending other mama hugs and waving my magic wand your direction. Hopefully, it will pass soon--but I'm with Summer--how come they aren't blasting the beast? Take care and know that I am so JEALOUS that I am not there. Love ya to pieces kiddo--and sorry but euthanasia is NOT an option. I can hardly wait for you to say that giving birth to a baby was a breeze!

Bj said...

It hurts me to think you suffer so! MiSeRaBlE I SAY! I hurt just thinking about it! I'm SO sorry you little sport! Hang in there and I pray that it passes soon! I think you should frame it because a size 4 baby is an ACOMPLISHMENT/mIrAcLe!