Monday, December 31, 2007

My excuses for not blogging....

My blogging has been a little lax lately, but I do feel I have some good excuses! Quick update on the last week of my life....
Christmas eve: It took Katie and I 4.5 hours to drive to my parents house due to a huge winter storm....we thought we were going to die. Ohh and not to mention that my heater crapped out 3 hours into it. We almost froze to death (ohh, it normally only takes 1:45 to get home....) It was the wildest storm ever!!
Christmas day: Here is my whole family on my mom's side...minus Nike, she opted to stay out of the photo.
These are our new friends from Ghana, Africa. Many of you know that Albert, the cutie in the red, is basically my little adopted brother. He has been a part of our family for the last 2.5 years; and spends holidays and birthdays with us. Annette and Freebody(the two in the back) are his siblings visiting and Bismarck is the stud in the blue shirt, front. Albert leaves on his mission in two days, so Christmas was our big last hoorah for him! These boys were hysterical! We played games all Christmas night! It was so fun to play with these guys!
This year for Christmas a group of us went to the developmental state center and played santa's elves to some of the patients there. It was a very moving experince! So cool!
Nike and I went out and played in the freshly fallen snow....we had a snowball fight...clearly I won.

It truely should be illegal to get married at Christmas time....but either way, Landon and MaLese sealed the deal on the 28th. The photographer never showed, so luckily someone let me use their nice camera, and I played photo girl for the day.....the good picures are on their way, this is just one that someone took on my camera, while I was taking their shots. It was a very cold day, but beautiful....once we get my pictures back, you will see how cute they are.....it was freezing remember...:)
Yes, yes...let the over the hill jokes begin. That is right, On december 29th, I hit the big 25. This is my cheesecake, cake...it was delicious!
While we were waiting for our dinner reservations at Maccaroni Grill, we walked around temple square and saw the lights...and yes it was snowing again....that is all it does around here these days! it is so pretty!
Could we get anymore people in the car? This is my cousin Tanner (red shirt) and his wife and two kids, and my brothers best friend Alex all crammed in the car as we headed off for a little birthday treat for me....*next picture*
Hooray!! I got to drive a semi!! For reals! I drove it two blocks and got up to 2 gears. I am basically pro. This was my last goal to check off....and sure enough, I am amazing. soon I wil do a blog about all my birthday goals....but take a good look folks, I am pretty amazing! how many of you can say you have driven a semi?

8 comments:

april said...

I miss you silly pony! Gimme a break, over the hill???!!! Tell me about it when you are almost 30!!! I think I might throw up. But since I love you so much I will let it slide. I am looking forward to seeing you!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

How busy you have been!! :-) Hey, cute pictures--can hardly wait to see the wedding pictures. What a photography fiasco--I'm glad you were there to get the job done!!
Love you kiddo!!! Happy Birthday to my daughter!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

And no fair....I want to drive a semi!!!

Skipper said...

Thanks for the b-day wishes. I hope you had a good one too. Did you buy Olay Wrinkle Cream with your b-day money to celebrate the quarter-century mark like I did?

Stef said...

sounds like fun....i miss you guys! wish i could have been there!

Sabs said...

at last i can return to blogging. Good to see pics of all the events! Your face looks super skinny in the cake pic and hello where are the carseats in the pic on the way to the semi...Brittany? SOrry I didn't show up with a red bow! love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lady!! I love reading your blog... I wish you were my sister. I think we are made for each other. We both like to put pictures on our page and have people look at it. I just updated mine... Come have a look. I hope all is well for you. You Pretty Thing you! Take Care and Hope to hear from you soon,
Alicia Walker
http://stevealiciawalker.spaces.live.com

Lee, Ashley, Makenzie said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY LINDS! I miss you! New Years wasn't the same without you. I hope you got some good lovin' this year! ;)