Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Almost a decade later....

The last time my dad and all his brothers were together, was at my grandma Davis' funeral in 1999. This was also the last time I saw most of my cousins and a couple of my uncles. So this year for Easter, all my dad's brothers were able to be in town and we all met up in Wyoming at my Grandpa's House. I love my Grandpa! He is so funny.... It was so great to watch him, as he looked around at all of his family. I know he was touched that we were all there, to celebrate being a family.

My dad is the middle of 5 boys; all boys were there, however my uncle Craig was unable to be in the picture. Oldest to Youngest and left to right...Mike, Craig (piece of wood with red hat), Ron (my dad), Grandpa, Todd and Brett

My Uncle Brett came out from Oregon and is a huge fisherman...he made quite the feast of seafood for our Easter Brunch....I am not a seafood lover...and the three of us sisters were forced to choke down Oyster. It was alive only moments before I ate it....Needless to say, I felt like I was on fear factor....This was not my most enjoyable experince....

This is my sweet cousin Amanda who I haven't seen or talked to in 9 years...she is darling! We are both taking it upon ourselves to increase our family get-to-gethers...she is so fun!

This darling girl is my cousins wife Chelsey ....she is awesome! We have become quite close over the years...I just adore her! I am going out to spend a couple days with her next month...I can't wait!

Here is almost all the cousins. We are missing 4 cousins and then their families....but for the most
part everyone made it up! All together on my dad's side I have 11 cousins, that is before the step cousins and so forth...

And then of course a sweet little picture of my little family...aww tender..:) I must admit, the car ride up was quite the experince. All of us smooshed into my parents van, it was close, but it was tender. We laughed most of the way up. As kids, my parents created "landmarks" on the ride through Ogden Canyon and up to Grandpa's house. It was very fun to "revisit" those sites...such as "Stick holding up the Mtn", "dead cow corner", "Truck in the Mtns", and "witches house" and "3 sisters" to name a few.

It was a very fun day. We left sunday morning and drove for about 2.5 hours and visited for most of the afternoon. It was so great to see everyone and catch up! Hope you all had as fantastic of an Easter as I did!!

5 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

What a fun adventure. I love family get-togethers--especially the family in the last picture! Love ya guys!!!

The Aprecios said...

I love Katies face in the oyster picture! Ha! I could NEVER do it. I would seriously puke.

PS-Where the poop did Landon get is height? geez.

Stef said...

how fun, it's great to see family, glad you got to experience some good foods, oyster is good, you wimp!

Ben and Summer said...

Lindsey Davis! Of course we would love to come see you guys on Conference Sunday - if you still want too:) Let us know, we'll be at my parent's in PG. This looks like a fun family outing - it's funny how much better my family gets along now that we're older... :-)

Sabs said...

oysters huh? no thanks. cute fam pic. but who is that other girl and where is carly?:)