Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Glorified Clowns


Here is my group of Glorified Clowns. Currently I am working as a photographer for a childrens photo studio, and I bounce around and act like a clown all day long:) These are my friends/assocites that I work with. I truely would have quit months ago if it weren't for my friendships here! We have the crapiest job, but the best time doing it.

Now, this goes out to all you mothers, soon to be mothers, grandmothers, aunts etc....please oh please have a heart and listen to what I am going to tell you....As a CHILDRENS PHOTOGRAPHER, please understand that I am somewhat experinced in what I am about to say. You may have the happiest child in the world, miles of smiles...BUT that doesn't mean as soon as you place them on a posing board, have some hot clown bouncing around and have bright flashes go off, that they will smile the same as they do at home.

We are trained...trust me, your child is no different than anyother snotty nosed, germy hand, child that comes through our doors. ALL KIDS ARE THE SAME, in this respect! I will do my best, I will love your little monster as if they were my own....HOWEVER show a little respect for the trained clown and let us do our jobs! You child may not smile for all or any pictures! SO WHAT! we are there to capture....what we can get!

So basically what I am trying to say... is I LOVE CHILDREN! i just despise the mothers that come with them! Please go easy on your photographer...DON'T YELL AT US! We are trying! My favorite mother comment is..."That is his Ugly smile".... I have always wanted to say..."I am doing the best I can, with what I have to work with....", but I don't. I just smile and retake the picture....:)
I'm off the soap box now....I have stepped down. I only have 8 more weeks to act like a clown, then I am busting out of my clown suit and on to bigger and better acts! The count down begins:)

17 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Ah...the preparations for motherhood...

Stef said...

whiney whiney whiney! :)

The Aprecios said...

I HEART SECRETS!!

haprecio@volt.com

I am waiting... :)

Kylee said...

That is out of control. I can't believe a mother would say that! That really is a hard job you have. I can imagine how difficult that would be, but I am sure you are great at it! Keep up the great work, I am sure at least some mothers are happy with the pictures they get!

Ali Andrus said...

You look like you have too much fun at work. I think you just have too much fun at whatever you do. Ok, its killing me...I have to know what movie/show that Princess Conswela Banana whatever name came from. I can't remember, I'm getting too old!

Ali Andrus said...

I totally knew that... um, I was just testing to make sure YOU knew it! :)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Wait a minute! Aren't you likely dealthly afraid of clowns? Well, you should have been shrieking through this photo shoot afterall a clown is a clown.

Linda and Dave Browne said...

OK, so I can't spell...

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Hey, and I want ot know a secret too!

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Love ya Bozo! :-)

Sabs said...

ha ha! I told a photographer to not even bothering trying to get kolby to smile....he hardly ever does it on commmand and wouldn't you know it, the little bugger wouldn't stop smiling:) If you photographed my kiddos I swear I wouldn't complain, I'd probably just laugh at you:)

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Hey, I already knew that secret--Lori already told me that. An interview huh?! Well, I think you need to come and check out Georgia. After all we still have an unmarried Daniel in our ward. ;-)

The Young Family Inc. said...

You are the cutest picture-taker of them all!

Ben, Erin and Tyson Sweetwood said...

I think on your last day honesty should be your policy and you should tell all the mothers exactly whats on your mind (what are they going to do, fire you?) We will be in Seattle the same time you will be. We were going to get together with the Fairbanks one night and play games and stuff, you should definatley be there!

Frasure Family said...

Hey LIndsey! How are you? IT has been a while! So you are in logan? My sister lives there. Your pictures look really good. Checkout my blog and my new little boy http://frasurefamily.blogspot.com/
Amy (Hatch)

Ali Andrus said...

If I'm on vacation, howcome I have to go to work every day? That's no fun! It is all beautiful and sunny outside and I am stuck inside all day :( I think YOU need to take a vacation and come visit us! There is a cute boy I am trying to keep single for you :) Oh, and in that 3rd picture down you girls should try wearing sunblock so you don't have those red arms and wow, the tanlines!

kelly said...

that would be a very hard job. i can only imagine the insane mothers you get, who get all crazy because they want the perfect picture. kudos to you for putting up with it all. at least you guys seem to have lots of fun!