Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Francis, the Little Goat

As many of you know, I have 25 goals that I need to do before I turn 25....well time is ticking. Today I was able to cross off another fantastic goal. I PET A BABY GOAT. Now I realize that this goal may be different than some of yours, but how many of you reading this can say you have pet a baby goat? Well, I HAVE!!
This is Francis, a sweet little goat. I love her big tummy:) Francis eventally thinks she is part dog and part cow. She even has a dog collar with tags.
Francis wouldn't leave her black and white friends, so Rachel (Francis' sister) and I ventured very slowly into the pen to try and coax her out. As we were standing in the pen, this is what we saw....a bunch of cows. Well as many of you know, BULLS are not known for their hospitality, and soon we found out that umongst all of these ugly smelly ladies, was the man of the pen...A HUGE BULL!! Well after I nearly wet myself, we quickly shimmied out of the pen, alive.
Here is the beast himself....we went through the barn to try and pet Francis through the fence; and long behold this is what we saw as we got into the next pooh covered pen. Like his nose ring? This sucker grunted and mooed like he liked what he saw....I was like a walking pork chop to him.
Clearly I wasn't giving up now, so I walked along the water trough and entered yet another pen(because, I love danger)....Francis is clearly part chicken, and didn't want me to pet her.....ohh and while Liz was supposed to be on cow watch, clearly one slipped by her and was right behind me, smelling me and getting ready for a big lick. Once again, I nearly wet myself.
I should be a photographer for a dairy....what a cool looking picture!
Luckily as I was leaving, Rachels dad came home and gave us a hand. Francis adores him and follows him around like a little lost dog. He picked up Francis and I stroked his little head...much like you would a dog. He made his goat noises, but was oldly very friendly. We made our connection:)
Talk about a tender moment....Look at the stupid cows in the background....I bet they are thinking how nice I would taste with some BBQ sauce....cause I was thinking the same thing about them:)

Either way.....I GOT TO PET A GOAT!!! It was a fantastic day!! And a huge thanks to Rachel, Liz, Franics and Mr. Farmer man for helping me with my long lost dream!

6 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

My goodness! Perhaps we should talk about these goals....(I love the pictures)

Sabs said...

ok this is probably my fav post yet! Freakin' hillarious! I gotta admit...I'm oddly jealous of your unique accomplishments:)

The Aprecios said...

I love goats! Matt wont let me get one. Hes so mean.

Im happy that you are living your dream!

Stef said...

I keep trying to get my parents to get a goat, you should work on it now your a goat expert! Makes you wonder about cows when the females are checking out other females (especially of a different breed!)Glad you had fun, what are all your goals anyway?

Unknown said...

did you know on before we moved ot sammamish we had lots of goats?? ok, ok, this is not a one- upping comment.... CONGRATS.... is your next goal to be in two places at one?? this is sounding very "a walk to rememberish"?!?!?

april said...

Love the Goat.