Thursday, October 4, 2007

My poor little Kidney

Yes....once again, I passed another kidney stone today. So technically I have birthed two children. However, this time I managed to stay out of the ER....it had it's benefits. For one thing my total bill for the day was under $50.00, however I was a lot sicker this time around. My awesome friend Jake was awoken by a crazy woman, almost in tears.....I knew I could call him at 6:45am; because he is one of the only people I know that shares in my kidney pain. He was in a motorcycle accident about 8 months ago and exploded his Kidney...therefore I now have a partner in crime. Well I went to the Student Health Center and then off to my doctor where he gave me a fantastic butt shot, and slowly throughout the day, I have felt relief. Ohhh, new record...I threw up 7 times today. Neat huh? Twice in Jakes truck....but I made it in a bag and I think we are still friends:) So, I am looking for current 'home remedies' for Kidney Stones...if you have heard of any send them my way!! And I pray that none of you ever have to get stoned against your will:)

1 comment:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

My gosh young lady, what are we going to do with you???? Alright here we go...are you drinking enough water (be truthful!)? You need to make sure you have a bottle of water with you constantly! You should be peeing out at least 2 qts a day minimum! Also, be cautious of foods that are high in oxylate: berries, grapes, citrus fruits, most of the dark leafy veggies, turnips (I know, your favorite!), beets, rhubarb (another favorite of yours I'm sure), green peppers, chocolate (OUCH!), colas, and beer (ok, so maybe this one isn't such a problem, but it's on the list). This doesn't mean you need to cut these out of your diet, it just means you need to avoid taking in too much. And, reduce your intake of animal protein. Eat more rice and beans and other complex carbs. And, did I mention water?---drink like a fish!!!!...water that is!
Sorry you've been so sick! Wish I could be there to give you a hug! Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!