Thursday, August 16, 2007

And she's off....11,749 feet up in the air!


Well my good friends, I bid thee farewell...for I am off to better and higher places. Not quite too heaven, but I may pass it along the way! That is right...Little Miss can't sit still, I can conquer the world, is at it again. The day after my 24th birthday I made a list of 25 things I had to do before I turned 25 (december).....and believe it or not, hiking Mt. Timpanogos is one of them. It is the 2nd highest mtn in Utah's Watsach Range. BRING IT ON! It is only 11,749 feet up...really, I am tough, (or dead, either one).

I have invited many nutty people to join, but we are down to the final day and many have backed out. Chickens. So the die youngs, I mean die hards are Me (we all should hope) my awesome fearless crazy father, my little but still kicks my butt brother Landon, my little super active really athletic, will end up beating us all to the top sister Carly and one of my most favorite people in the world my good friend Mckay. He was the one that suggested this nasty little voyage, so you better believe I am dragging his sorry butt up there! We may drag a couple more sorry suckers up there...but who knows.

Ok, the plan is to leave Saturday Morning at 12am....yes you are reading that right. I realize the mtn is in my backyard, but we must be hitting the trail no later than 1 am. We will hike in the dark, so that the bears can't see us....and it is tons cooler! Plus, I hear it is amazing to watch the sunrise at the top. There are two ways down the mtn, either walking down like civilzed idiots, or by taking the alternate route via the huge glacier ice slide....needless to say, all the deaths that you may hear about come from the crazy nerds that head down the glacier. Well, lets be honest, you people all love me and your lives would suck if I died, so therefore we are walking down, the same way we head up! I know, go big or go home....oh well. I dare you to call me a wimp! Anyways, either I will post pictures and write about the bear chase or I will be on the other side welcoming you all down to hell with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Linds. I've done that hike twice and it is rough... I'm not a hiker and this hike is probably why!!

Carrie

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Have fun! I'm excited to see the pictures! :-) But you do realize, that until you come to Georgia to visit us, you really haven't been anywhere! :-)

Sabs said...

Be strong Man! ...Save me a spot, you know where:)

Stef said...

You are great girl, I would have joined ya in that sucker hike had i been there, but i don't think i wanna hike a couple thousand miles to get the the mtn! love ya babe!