Saturday, August 25, 2007

I'm not giving her up, I am giving her more

I know this shouldn't be this hard...but how many 24 year olds still have their car from high school? This year the infamous Little Tina turned 20 years old...quite the old bird. She is a fantastic little truck, and holds so many amazing memories for me. Today my dad annouced that some crazy man is willing to trade in my beloved Tina...and my dad said yes.
How many of you had the blessing of riding in this little beauty? I got her when I was 16...and we have spent 8 amazing years together. I realize that 2 1/2 years ago, my little Zip came into my life, but only to further perserve Little Tina. She really couldn't handle the harsh winters of Logan.
I have so many awesome memories in this little truck. Here is were I first learned to drive stick shift.... and I am so blessed because if you can drive Little Tina, then you can drive anything.
(This is me and Tina pulling away in the driveway one last time....)
(Cute shoes...I realize) Little Tina has been so many places....she has treated me so well over the years. Tonight as I was driving her one last time, I was remembering some of the many awesome memories...
Here I am...turning her on, one last time....I realize it is sad to get all teary eyed...but this was my baby, and I am not giving her up, I am giving her more....

Here are ten memories of Little Tina's and I together....
1. Sleeping on the front seat in the Eastlake Parking lot before school started
2. Running out of gas on 228th
3. Piling roomates in the back, in the dead Rexburg cold, just to go the grocery store...(however, she did make for a fantastic cooler when the bed was filled to the rim with snow)
4. Printing Little Tina's name on the bed, until the dirty old man yelled...."hey tina...."
5. Getting pulled over...for the first time! Together we got out of a ticket!
6. Star gazing over Rexburg....until we got egged!! Tina's least favorite memory
7. Breaking down...a million plus times (little did I realize she just wanted to spend more time with me)
8. Moving back from Rexburg, and the wind was blowing so hard, that the fastest we could go on the freeway was 30mph (in a 75)
9. Flooring it so hard up Sardine Canyon, while little grandma's and semi's flew by leaving me in their dust, and the whole time saying..."I think I can, I think I can...."
10. Tonight, on our last ride together...just pulling out of the driveway, she died three times. Poor old bird..she has had such a good run!! Thanks girl for the memories!!

If you would all like to share your favorite Little Tina memory, please feel free to do so.

3 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

Ah yes, dear lil' Tina. I remember the tears that were shed by your folks when they had to fix her for the millionth time. But, seeing her with the cute blonde driving her was the greatest memory. Long live little Tina. So who's trading her in and for what? Love ya!

The Powells said...

I think I can safely say that Tina had it good...my favorite memory with Tina was driving out to the St. Anthony Sand Dunes to full two buckets full of sand to ride over her tires to help keep her safe on the roads...all the way home listening to that one song...it'll come to me someday! Well, those were the good times.

Sabs said...

um... you totally took all my memories already....running out of gas, being egged, grocery trips in rexburg...hmmmm I did enjoy seeing her plugged in at night time at Colonial House...poor little thing freezing to death!