Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Getting Stoned....Kidney wise


Not one of my finer moments, I realize....but you have to remember I was nearing death by this point. Ohh the smile is totally fake by the way...I think I was cusing under my breath.
Just a quick little summary of my last two days of hell....and yes Mom, I said Hell....
Monday Morning (my first day of School remember) I was sleeping over at my roommate Liz' parents house (cause remember, I am homeless) and I went to bed at 1:00 am, and woke up at 1:30am in the most pain I have ever felt in my life....my lower back and right side killed, I was shaking, dry heaving and sweating like a pig....I mananged to calm down and lay back down at about 2:15am....and woke up at 2:45 and thought my life was over. I called my Mom in tears, not knowing what to do....I then woke up Liz and she drove like a mad woman to the ER....fun fun. To make a long blog short....I had Kidney Stones. Monday was filled with pacing around (in one of those fantastic hospital gowns), crying, almost screaming, crying, sweating, throwing up...(once again, poor Liz....) a CT scan and two ultrasounds. I have completely passed one stone now, and have two others in the making...neat huh? Hopefully they will just stay there, break down by themselves or never want to come out....they say that Passing a Kidney stone is worse than Child birth....so bring it on! So needless to say, I was in the hospital all day yesterday, fully drugged. The doctor said that that I had enough pain killer in me to sedate an Elephant...I am not sure if he just called me huge...oh well. They gave me the option to stay another night and try and pass the others, or to go home....I went home with my mom. So bascially I am missing my first three days of school...oppps. Ohh, just in case you are wondering, this has nothing to do with my Colonoscopy from last week...I know, two hospital visits in one week, here I come insurance!

10 comments:

Linda and Dave Browne said...

My poor baby! It seems you are surprised with some of the nastiest ailments. Take good care of yourself and know that we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers (just a bit more than normal). We love ya kid!

Ryan and Brittany said...

Oh my goodness!! You poor thing!! I'm so sorry, I hope you recover soon. Oh and p.s you look gorgeous in that picture even after all you went through.. what the heck?!

Skipper said...

Yeah, I was going to say I hope you have good insurance. It seems like you're in and out of the hospital all the time! How's the food there?

Stef said...

My goodness, the things you'll do to get out of school! You should have saved it for later on when you had a huge report you didn't finish or something! Sorry babe! Hope your feeling better!

The Powells said...

LINDS! all that pain and no kid? that sucks! :) Sorry you have to go through this - I wish I could bring you some mashed potatoes from Snoqualmie Pass! (I'm writing this note at my own peril - Tyson is standing at my leg screaming because I won't take him on a walk! YIKES!) Get better Soon! I'm coming to Utah in November - I'll see you then?!

Sabs said...

I agree with britt...what the heck! Are you in the hospital or a photo shoot? I think you should take a pic of the "sand" hee hee:)Hope those buggers come out soon:)

The Aprecios said...

Did you keep the stone you passed? Knowing you, you will name it Tina, and cry when its time to throw it away. :)

The Aprecios said...

PS- Im really sorry about the pain!

april said...

Oh my beauty queen!! What the heck! You look like you should be on the cover of Glamour! And you have gone through some of the most horrific pain known to man and woman!!You are supposed to look like crap! Maybe you should ask the hospital staff if they want that picture for the front of their brochures "We make our patients feel great!!" But seriosly, I love you, quit with this stuff, will ya?!!

The Young Family Inc. said...

Poor, poor Lindsey. You still look lovely!