Monday, July 2, 2007

First day in Venice

I am here!! I love it here!
Just another day in Paradise
I love the masks here....this is me trying one on. This is not the one I bought...but I wanted too

Here we are on the water taxi! I have done it all now!! Buses, trains, planes and now a taxi on the water!!
It is so beautiful here. Just like you have always imagined it. It is so wonderful, and the language is a little easier to understand. Like Spanish, English and something else. It is harder to get around because you have to depend on the water taxi’s. It is kind of different than the tube and metro that I am getting so used to. I really like it here, it is so chill. The Italians seem to be really nice, and we have met quite a few Americans. I even ran across some missionaries! They were so cute! We walked around and shopped. Everything is so much cheaper here….for example, for some good old fashion Gelato in London it was 3 pounds for a scoop, and here it was only 1 Euro for a huge scoop! And 1 Euro is sure a lot cheaper than 2 pounds! That is the difference between $6.00 and $1.34!! In love Italy!! I love Gelato. Seriously that stuff is sure a small piece of heaven! After walking around, forever, we came back to the hotel and just relaxed. We are staying in a really quite nice Holiday Inn Express. The pillow reminds me of rocks, but it is clean and with out bugs (that I know of).Either way, the weather here is amazing. We are finally vacationing in style. I love this weather! It is so hot! I was getting a little tired of wearing the same two sweaters in all my pictures.
Well I am glad to be out of Great Britain. London was great, but I think we left at a good time! One of the only stations that we get here in English is CNN, so we have been watching the terrorist attempts a lot tonight. It was wild to watch the pictures on the screen and realize that we were just there, at that very spot just a week ago. We spent a lot of time at Tralfalga square and Piccadilly Circus. And both those area’s are full of tourists and millions of people are everywhere. I am so glad that nothing has happened! Because of the heightened security our travel home should be quite long and interesting! We are going to have to spend some good quality time at the airport, like 4-5 hours ahead of our flight! Ohh well!! At least we are all together and like a little family now!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Ooo...yummy! I have always wanted to eat a gelato in italy! Maybe someday I will. Why don't you bring me some home with you? :)