Monday, July 2, 2007

Saturday in Venice

Here we are on our Gondola ride! It was so fun!!
Cassie and I shopping in Venice
I LOVE it here!!!

Sadly I am a wimp and did not eat the whole thing...that would of been cool though!! it was so greasy!!
Saturday:
Well today was another free day in Venice. We woke up and took the morning train into town. It is about a 15 minute walk to the station and then 30 minute train ride in. We decided to walk through Venice to find St. Marks Square, that is were all the great shops are. It took us a little while, because all you do is walk over millions of bridges and in between little alleyways. There aren’t really cars in the City of Venice, because there are no roads. Sometimes the alleyways are so skinny that two people standing side by side couldn’t even fit through. Well we finally made it into the square and started our shopping. I have been really good throughout the trip, just buying a couple of clothes and clocks. So today I kind of let loose a little…”when in Rome” was the theme for the day. We all decided that we need to stop being so frugal and just buy something if you love it. I am so worried about weight on the way home, but I should be just fine! Venice is known for their Masks, and there Mascardes. I have always wanted a little face or eye mask…and finally I caved and bought one. I wish I took a picture before I had it wraped, but it is BEAUTIFUL!!! And I got it for a sweet deal!! Things are so much cheaper here…by a great deal! Most of the masks range anywhere from $8.00 to $40.00 depending on how detailed. I was falling in love with the eye masks with feathers, but I knew that there would be no way I could get that home safely, without wearing it.So I bought a half eye mask, that is all black. IT IS SO HOT!! I love it! Then later on in the day I found a store that sells plain ones that you can decorate yourself! You all know me and my little craft projects…so I bought two!! I have to decorate in threes! I can’t wait to get home and make my masks! Well the big thing to do in Venice is to go on a Gondola ride…that is the little boats with the cute Italian man singing to you though the little canals….romantic I know. Well you can only fit six per boat, and each ride ranges from $80-120 depending on your ride. We naturally opted for the $80.00…making it only like $13.00 each person! And it was so worth it! Our man was so cute! He sang to us and everything! It is so weird to think that I am in Italy! I almost feel like I am at an attraction! Well a group of us ended our day a little early, due to the fact that we had been lugging around our prized possessions all day and the heat was nearly killing us. So we headed back to the hotel and then went out for Pizza in a little place right by our hotel. My pizza was good….it was just a Margarita Pizza (tomatos and cheese)…I am really looking forward to eating pizza with thick crust again some day. I have really enjoyed Venice. It was really laid back here and the weather was awesome. I love the little houses and the bridges. It is amazing to see how much of this city is sinking. Kinda sad that someday they could just float away!

5 comments:

Jessica Kettle said...

can i just tell you again that I am so jealous!? If you like venice, you will LOVE the rest of Italy, becasue out of all the places I've been in Italy, venice was my least favorite, even thouogh there are a lot of good parts. I miss you!

Lindsey said...

Hello little pony!! The rents are here in Michigan with us and are leaving tomorrow!! How sad!! They say hello and they love you, as do me and Jake!! We are so jealous, all the places look so awesome!! You lucky little dog, I mean pony!! Your animal friends miss you dearly!! Be safe and live it up, as I know you will naughty pony!!

Lindsey said...

Oh yeah and happy 4th of July!!

Cassie May said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cassie May said...

we're looking hot in this picture too... we knocked England dead in my opinion haha I miss all you girls already!