Friday, July 6, 2007

Welcome to Florence!

Good morning! Here we are waiting for our train to arrive!
We packed all but the kitchen sink!
So sexy in the early morning hours!! There were no seats that would fit all of our luggage so here I am siting on the stairs riding the train! Sooo comfortable!
Who comes to Italy and doesn't eat good old fashion Spagetti??
See that big bottle of water?? Ohh don't you worry, we didn't realize that it was sparkling instead of mineral!! SICK!!
Well I am currently writing this while sitting on yet another train. I am very excited to drive zip when I return.(For those who don't know, Zip is my amazing little car!!) Trains are getting better, and I am becoming quite used to them, however it will be nice to be in control again. I hate how little time they give you inbetween stops. Esp for 23 of us to get safely off(with all of our luggage!)…we have to haul! There has been three times where I have had to block the closing door with my body so that I or others can get through. Those doors are actually quite freakishly strong! Well this morning we were supposed to get up at 6 and leave at 7. Well darrin very lovingly set us up a wake up call…which I got, and then laid back down. Three alarms went off in our room, but somehow the three of us (Kysha, Chelsea and I) missed all three. I woke up at 6:40 and yelled..”get up get up!!” good thing I don’t have to look hot on this train and it is a good thing that we all stayed up late and packed our bags. So here I am, on another train. Everyone is sleeping around me, and I soon will do the same. It is only about a three hour ride to Florence. And currently the land surrounding me looks like Utah farm land. But the houses are much more colorful! Pink, yellow and orange seem to be the favorites! But I love the roofs here!! They are the orange arched stone look, and I love it! Well I am going to go use the awesome train lu (bathroom) and then take a little snooze!!
Well that was an unsuccessful failure. There was no toilet paper. Grrr….I can’t wait until someday I can use a normal toilet again. And I think the thing I miss the most is paper towels in the bathroom. I am getting a little tired of air drying my hands. So instead I waited until the train station and paid a pretty price to use their facilities. I love the free toilets in America. Who ever thought of charging for such a luxury. It cost me .70 euro…grrr….oh well, the price you pay for relief. Well we got to our hotel and my room wasn’t ready, so I took a little snooze in the hotel lobby. I was so tired. After that we got tired of waiting and headed out for food. We went to an Italian restaurant (real original) were I got my first dish of spaghetti. It was a simple red sauce, but it tasted amazing. I am not sure if it was because I was so hungry, or what, but I chowed that sucker down! Then we walked through the flea markets, and I realized that I could get into serious trouble here! Everything is so stinking cute!! I am still on the hunt for my clock! Well after a long morning/afternoon, Kysha and I came back and took a little snooze. We slept like little lambs, 4 ½ hours later….:) It was pretty amazing.

No comments: