Friday, July 6, 2007

I'm coming home

It is still leaning!!
Just doing my part!
I have missed you George!!
Just hanging out waiting for our flight!
Time for a little snooze on the airport floor!!
Trying to stay entertained on the plane!
USA here we come!!
RED WHITE AND BLUE!!! we have missed you!!
Ohh my sweet heavens! Talk about the longest, but a very fun....day!! We left our hotel at 6am in Florence (just to put that in prospective...that was 10pm on the Fourth of July for you fine people) From there we took a train from Florence to Pisa (about an hour and half). I think I slept most of the way, considering that I had only gotten 2 hours the night before) Well we got to Pisa in plenty of time to check in. So Darrin suggested that some of us take a bus to the Leaning Tower. It was a 15 minute ride there, so about 10 of us headed out. I was really so glad that I was able to do that! Who goes to Pisa and doesn't see the famous tower. So we jumped off the bus, took some pictures and jumped right back on. I was so glad that we were able to go. The plane ride from Pisa to JFK in New York was a little over 9 hours long. I tried to sleep alot to get myself adjusted to the new time, but everyone knows how hard it is to sleep on a plane. Well we got to JFK and had 2 hours to get our luggage, go through customs and recheck our luggage again. It was quite stressful...esp when I couldn't find mine. Finally I saw some lady with my suitcase...she had grabbed the wrong one. That was sure a close one! That bag had my clocks!! Well we literally ran through secruity and customs, and sprinted to our plane, only to find that it had been delayed. Needless to say, once we got on our plane we taxied for 3 hours. So we played games, watched a couple of movies and tried to sleep. We finally touched down in SLC at 1:30 am! Overall from the time we left Florence to touch down in SLC it was 27 hours! We all were so excited to be home! I LOVE THE USA!!! well after unpacking, in the garage (I have been eatten alive by some bed bugs or mesquitos....) I finally hit the pillow at 4:30am...and forced myself to sleep. My little internal clock is a little messed up right now!! Ohh well!! Tonight I should sleep like a baby!! Overall...it was an amazing experince!! And I can't wait to start scrapbooking it all!!

5 comments:

Skipper said...

Love it! I'm glad you all got back safe. Isn't it nice to be back home?

Annie said...

Oh Pony I missed you soo!! It's great that you're home. Please come see us before you head back up to Logan!!!

Stef said...

it looked like you had tons of fun i'm still jealous, so you for a visit to california, your a big traveler now! well anyhoo we're all glad your home.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsey Lou--Guess who? I'm so thrilled you had this wonderful travelling adventure! Now it's time for you to come out to Georgia and visit the rest of your family---thanks for your sweet letter a few months back. I love you, daughter!!!!!!!

Jessica Kettle said...

Hey, are you home loser? What, no phone call? Guess that just shows how important I am in your life. Snif snif.