Monday, July 2, 2007

Goodbye Paris! Hello Venice

This is us on the sleeper train
Here I am, Just waiting for our bus to the train station
One last Gelato run in Paris
Here,s Zach and I just chilling at the train station
Just hanging out in the sleeper car! That was one long train ride!
Today we said farewell to Paris. We had some free time to float around and finish up any last minute shopping. We headed off for H&M and for a store called Etam. H&M was just as busy as it was in London, but they had some different clothes. For some reason I wasn’t in a huge shopping mood…so I went easy. However, there was a sale rack that I couldn’t keep my little paws off of. Don’t judge me, but I bought a very cute white dress. It is adorable, and very summery. It has buttons that go all the way down. I would model it for you all but it is very wrinkly! BUT, the best part is it was 50% off!! Well after a long bus ride to the train, we boarded our overnight train. This was seriously an experience! Luckily in my car it was just girls from our group. It was a tight fit, made for 6 but we only had 5. There are two bench seats, with three seats each. Then the seat becomes the bottom bunk, the back of the seat becomes the second bunk, and then there is a third that folds down from the top. Basically it was like we were camping. There was one bathroom for about 50-60 people. It smelled like the nastiest outhouse ever!! Darrin suggested that everyone doped up for the ride so that we could sleep. I was prepared to take benedryl, but I was so tired…that I didn’t need it. Our train ride was from about 8pm to 10am. But don’t you worry, I didn’t sleep alone…you know the riddle…”goodnight, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite”…well I did. I have bites on my feet and I think some on my arms….grrrr. Seriously I felt so dirty after that! Gross!! After that bug biting adventure, we rode another train to our hotel. And then, we took a fantastic hike to our hotel. It was a three mile walk from the station to our hotel, luckily it was level ground. I felt really bad for those heavy packers! I am actually one of the lighter packers. Finally, we have some sweet weather. IT IS SO HOT HERE! We have been wet and cold for three weeks! We got settled in our hotel room and headed off for another train ride to the city of VENICE!!!

No comments: