Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Chatsworth- June 19, 2007

This picture is for you, Mom...we are flossing on the bus! I thought of you:) (Mikelle, Lyns, Katie)
The three amigo's, now and then! These were the funny/dirty little grandma's! They were awesome!
Here we are walking through the fountian. The water was chilly, but it felt amazing!
Don't Judge Me! I caved!
Here I am, climbing through the rock garden!
Today we went to Chatsworth, and by far this tops the cake! It was so much fun. This was one of the first places that we were able to use camera’s inside the building. While we were in there Kaari, Kysha and I came across the funniest old ladies I have ever met. They were 88,86,85…and just as active as can be. They kept making jokes about how much whiskey they had in them…and to be honest with you, they really may have been serious. We even took pictures with them, because they were so funny. They may have also been the dirtiest old women I have ever met. Well the house was really pretty and very fun to walk through. They filmed Pride and Prejudice here aswell. I am really needing to see this movie now, I have been to all the sites that it was filmed at. After this we walked down to the gift shop; and long behold, my long lost love….I FOUND A CLOCK!!! I gave myself a price range even before I walked over, and it was way UNDER!! So yes, I bought another clock. Don’t judge me! I have a weakness, and lets be honest, I needed a clock from London. Well once again, I had a blast in the gardens. I am beginning to wonder why the gardens are becoming my favorite part. Could it be that they are green, gorgeous and I get to play? There was 105acres of green heavenly lushness, and the coolest fountains. They had this fountain/waterfall that you could walk through. It was so fun! And then we hiked down to a maze, and then found an amazing rock garden. Dad, you would of loved this garden! It was totally amazing. After this we rode the 2 hour train ride home, and then a couple of us went to Oxford street to go shopping. They have this store called Primark that is the cheapest cuttest clothes. It has been a lot colder here than I had expected, and so I bought another pair of Capri's....£6!! That is cheaper than in the states! And then I got two shirts for £2.50! That is unheard of... Today was seriously one of my favorite! It was so much fun and still really laid back! I loved it!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Those gardens are so beautiful...I wish I could be there to see them. Maybe someday. I just barely saw Pride and Prejudice for the first time this week and it was pretty good but definetely had gorgeous scenery in it. It must be nice to experience it first hand. :P

ps. I love your clock! I knew you were going to come home with like 50 new ones.