Friday, June 8, 2007

Day #3 LONDON


Well today was long but fantastic! We took the morning tube to Hampton Court. It was beyond chilly!! However as the day went on, this amazing heat wave came through and nearly melted us to pieces. The gardens were my favorite part of the court....SOOO pretty!!
Here's a photo of the court and some of the gardens. In this pond were these beauitiful swans....and they were so comfortable around people....so Kysha was standing there taking pictures and one of the little devils tried to attack her!! It was snapping at her legs!!
Seriously could I get any hotter?
After Hampton Court we went to the Brittish Muesum....we were on our feet all day long. Tonight we went to the first semi good resturaunt. I have had Italian food every night since I have been here....tonight's was really quite wonderful. (Remember, I was really hungry...the food over here is super expensive and really quite nasty)
This is what we do half our day....going to and from different tube stops. These esclators are so long!! And you stand on the right hand side, otherwise you will get yelled at by some crazy upset british:)
This is our hostel. It is called the Ace Hotel. It is quite nice...there are six to a bedroom/bath. I sleep on the top. I have been sleeping with earplugs in...and have discoverd a new world!! Those suckers are sweet!! However, even with my alarm right next to my naugan...my flatmate had to wake me up:) Ohh well, I slept great!! Don't you love the checkerboard walkway? Prob my favorite part! The window on the far right side, ABOVE the door is mine!! And the white thing you see in the middle window, is the foot of my bunkbed...isn't that sweet?
Well Sat and Sun are our days off...I am not going to go anywhere this weekend....it is way to expensive to even eat! But Sat. some of us are going to the market's....and best part is...I GET TO SLEEP IN!!

1 comment:

Skipper said...

Dear Lindsey,

Note: Evan would like you to stop by a "chippy" and eat either some "fish and chips" or a "plowman's lunch" next time you are hungry.

(I don't really know what any of that means). But I do know enough about England to tell you to "be sure to wash your hands after using the Loo."