Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday- June 11- London

Chelsea and I looking for Internet
Seriously I am beginning to hate the internet. I am sitting here on fantastically hard concrete in the middle of down town London at Leicester Square trying to use the free Wifi internet….things are not going well. My professor bought us each 10 hours at the local cafĂ©, and it is day #5 and my time is half over…I am here with two other girls, one has successfully connected, while two of us have resorted to good old Microsoft word. I should let you know that currently maybe 100 yards away from me is a “red carpet” event….Shrek Three has made is day view here….little do these suckers know, that I have already seen it twice, and that it has been out in the states for quite some time. I’ll keep my mouth shut. There are millions of people here, and us three little hotties are just in the corner, sitting on the cold hard concrete, just trying to write our family and friends. Well today we went to the tower of London, Tate Modern and Design Muesum. Yesterday a couple of us wondered over to the tower, therefore we had already seen it, and the Design Muesum had a lot of exbits closed….and the Tate Modern was not my most favorite. However Darrin let us off early today, so I got to go back to my flat and take a little snooze. It felt like a million bucks. Ohh and today I had the best Gelato ever!! It was the closest to real Italian Gelato that we will find until Italy. I had good old chocolate and nearly died. It seriously was heavenly. For those who don’ know what Gelato is, the best way I can describe it is, ice cream made with more ice, and skim milk I believe…either way it is to die for. That is the only good food around here…british food is so bland and over priced. I am being really good at only eating out once a day and living off of trail mix, granola bars and rice krispy treats. The funny thing about London is their lack of good old fashion H2O….water fountains are so hard to find…and everywhere you go to get water you have to specify between tap/mineral or sparkling. Oh and good luck finding ice, (dad I think of you everytime I ask for ice). Tonight we were going to try and go see WICKED, but tickets were sold out for students, that is the price difference between 25 pounds and 60 pounds (basically $50.00 and $120.00) give or take. So we are going to try another night. I am so excited to see it!! About half of our group wants to go. I just hate how expensive everything is here. Tomorrow we have a very early day, we need to be out of our flat at 7:20…to catch our train. But it will be nice to get out of the city for a day. I swear I am getting lung cancer just from walking around. Everyone and their dog smokes here. Ohh and there is so much nastyness floating in the air, that it is turning all of our boogers black!! I realize that is too much information for you all, just trying to give you a mental picture. I do however love the diversity of people here. It is amazing once you step out of good old Utah, how many “different colors” of people there are out there. I love it! Most days I feel like a minority. I will try and post pictures but lately no one has had much luck….don’t hate me, hopefully we will figure out a solution soon…I am sure taking lots, but does that really surprise anyone? I love you all and talk to you soon!

No comments: