Saturday, June 23, 2007

Fontainebleau and Vaux le Vicomte

The gangs almost all here
English please!! This was our own personal little tour guide
I love this stair case at fontainebleau!
I have got some mad skills!
How sweet it is...
Today was fantastic. We got to sleep in until 10:30!! Talk about a little piece of heaven. We then got into our huge bus, and headed off to Fontainebleau. We only spent about two hours there, which was just the right amount of time. It was really pretty, and we got to see some French brides getting their wedding pictures taken. It was so cool! They were so beautiful. After that 1:45 bus ride, we got right back on for another 45minutes. During which we stopped at a Supermarket. That was an experience to never forgetJ Kysha and I walked around to try and gather some stuff for a picnic lunch and dinner…basically just snacks. I got so excited to buy fruit. Well as I proceeded to check out, the lady wouldn’t let me buy my apples. I was really confused. And she was explaining it to me, in French. Darrin was standing close by, and was just as confused as I was. I had done something quite wrong. I finally just motioned that I didn’t want them anymore. Then I went to pay, and I just handed her 20 Euro Bill. She looked at me and said .12 more…. I didn’t understand. She wanted me to pay in exact change I guess. Then I went to the bathroom there, cause it was free! Ohh it was sure free, but fresh out of toilet paper and soap. Thank you Mom for the wet wipes, and Kleenex. After this adventure we headed off to Vaux le Vicomte. We were supposed to be there for the candlelight tour. And we were, but the sun doesn’t set here, until really late. Like after 10:30pm. And we had to be back on the bus by 9:45. At night they light everything up with candles, even the outside walkways. I have seen pictures and it looks really neat. But the place was still very cool looking. We got to tour the house by candle light (they just had all the blinds shut) after 8. And then, yet again another fantastically long bus ride home. I am beginning to wonder if my life will ever be the same after trains/buses/planes/tubes/metro’s and boat. ½ of our time here is spent on one of the previously mentionedJ But, that helps to add to the tourist experience.

1 comment:

Skipper said...

PLEASE, if you don't do anything else with your spare time and money, please go to a pastry shop and get an authentic French Crepe.

But don't say "CRAPE." Say "Cry-pe." That's what my friend Matt says to do (he just got back from Paris).