Sunday, June 17, 2007

Saturday- London June 17, 2007

This is us at the resturaunt, I had a pesto wrap, seriously...NASTY
This is me on the train, I have to sit backwards, cause the train seats are backwards...
This was overlooking the food court, and this was only a little part of it...so many people!!
This was the front entrance...look at the light fixture
Here is Karissa, Maryam, and I on the train on our way home tonight...we were so tired
Let me start off by telling you all, that this morning I totally biffed it down the stairs…and now I am part of the cool kids. There is starting to be a small handful of us girls that can’t seem to make it down these crazy, tiny European stair cases. No worries…all is well! I just laid there, looking like an idiot, and nearly wet myself I was laughing so hard. This weekend was our long three day weekend, we were off from Friday until Monday! So nice to have a break and sleep in a little.Well today most of the group headed off for Scotland, however I chose to stay behind. It would have been really expensive, and I still wasn’t feeling well. So instead, Maryam, Jesi, Karissa and I headed off for Manchester. We had heard that it was a two hour train ride, but were “surprised” when it turned out to be three. Maryam’s brothers used to live out there and told her of this fantastic mall. So as we got to the train station, we caught a cab and ventured out. Seriously, this mall was unlike anything I have ever been in. It is said to be one of the largest malls; not in the world but in England, I believe. It seriously looked like a palace from the middle east. It was fantastic! I have never been in anything quite like it. The stores were great, some kinda expensive, European Brand names, but still, I could pretend to be queen for the day! The entrance to this place was unreal. Looked like a palace. There was a movie theater, bowling alley, bumper cars, arcade, and more restaurants then you could imagine. Just as we thought we had seen the whole mall, we turned the corner and found more, almost double then what we had seen. Honestly I would consider this place an attraction, before a mall. And the inside was decorated so well! They had this one area called China Town, and another called New Orleans…and Italy, and that is all I can remember…it was awesome!! I am really glad that we went, it was defiantly a neat experience. Scotland would have been so fun, but $40.00 per person, just for a hostel room is too much for me. Plus that was a 5-6 hour train ride….no thanksJ Esp. when I am coughing and sneezing…the other train passengers may not like that!

1 comment:

Annie said...

HAHA!! I really wish I could have been there to see you biff it, in a foreign country! I love it, even in London you can't stay on your feet. I love you pony and am just giving you a hard time. But I have to admit that I laughed pretty hard when I read that.

That mall looks huge though. You'll have to take me sometime. :D