Saturday, June 23, 2007

Goodbye London

Seriously, isn't he hot?
Goodbye London. Here we are getting ready to board the tube for the last time, luggage and all.
After carrying all of our luggage, we found that it felt soo much better to carry it like this. Plus, we look cool.
Hallelujah we are bums!! Sharelle and I...the two little blonde girls. We had to switch Jackets cause these weird French guys kept trying to pick up on her, and she doesn't have the best of luck with these foreginers!!
Talk about an adventure. Today we took the Chunnel to Paris. We went to bed, very late and woke up, very early. We had to catch the 10:40 Chunnel, but we got there quite early. Let me tell you how fun lugging my luggage through the tube was…I think I am really buff. Like freakishly strongJ BUT, it was sure great to get another stamp on my passport, making that….2. My friend Maryam, has so many stamps. I was kind of jealous…all in good time. Well the Chunnel ride was only three hours. Luckily, Chance (one of the two boys here) gave me some movies for my IPOD…I was smooth sailing. The Chunnel was crazy; we went under the water for about 20 minutes of the ride. How fun! And my ears didn’t even pop as much as I thought they would. Well now the exciting part of the day. I truly am feeling like a foreigner, I sure am not up with my French. I am kind retarded, and keep falling back into Spanish. I said “Gracia’s” all day today, until someone in my group started making fun of me. I forgot…I am supposed to say “Merci”. Opps. Well, we got to the station, and a large bus was SUPPOSED to be there waiting for us. We arrived at 2:30, and finally at 6:30 we just got taxi’s and headed out of there. GRRRR. We waited outside the train station, in a mixture of standing and sitting on our luggage. It was great to people watch, but it sure made us nervous about our luggage. Ohh and I think I have just developed lung cancer. I wish I was kidding when I say that everyone smokes. We even saw young kids smoking. How sad! They smoke in doors and everything. At least they can’t on the train, thank goodness. Well we got to our hotel, and it is just a couple blocks away from the Eiffel Tower! I got to see it today, for just a second. And if you stand on the window sill, and hang over the edge, and look to our right, you can barely barely see it, but it is there!

2 comments:

Skipper said...

Bonjour! How exciting. I'm glad it was you in the Chunnel and not me. I'm a scardy-cat I guess.

Annie said...

That's great that you were speaking spanish in France! It must have been because you have been craving all that mexican food from before you can't get it off your mind. But it made Oscar and I giggle a little. We miss you Pony and love all your cool pictures.