Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I actually made it!!

Ok...yes this is one of my better shots.But please remember that still after all this time, I have only had 4 hours of sleep since monday. This is my first picture in LONDON!! And let me tell you...it was no picnic getting here, but none the less:) A special thanks goes out to the people who were involved in changing my flight yesterday, honestly it saved a life!! Thanks again to all those who helped, you know who you are!! Well like I said, I am greatly lacking sleep. We are all trying to beat jet lag so we are trying to Londonmize ourselves today. The longest, however coolest day ever. I can't believe that I only got here 12 hours ago!! Seriously, the whole day has seemed to last forever, but soon I can sleep. Ok so this first picture is of Karissa and I on the Euro....a thirty minute train ride, to another train. Honestly it is so great to be here with Darrin and his family (my professor), they know there way around here so well!!
This is so you don't forget where I am! This flag was right outside the queen's palace...the street is lined with these!! And against the bittter cold, yet blue sky, it looked AWESOME! *Notice at the top of the pole there is a crown...kinda neat huh?


This is me and my hot boyfriend...BIG BEN!!! Talk about a dream come true for this clock collector!! IT IS SO AMAZING IN REAL LIFE!!! I just pictured me and peter pan siting on one of the hands!! Can't you!! Seriously...this clock is incredible!

Alright...get ready for this next one....this tops the charts, or at least close to big ben....we were at Buckingham Palace, being the cool nerdy tourists that we are...and the guards were opening the gate to let a car go through...so I waited by the curb...and long behold a cute little old white haired woman was in the back seat...can you guess?? Yes...we all started to freak out!! IT WAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND...and I could of sneezed on her, she was that close. (Thank goodness I didn't!!) So then our little cool, and yet nerdy group gathered around, (they were stopped at a light) and waved like little school girls...and guess what!! That sweet old Queen did her sweet Queen thing AND WAVED BACK!!! Oh you people out there should be so jealous!! It was really quite neat!! So look really carefull and there is a little head in the back seat...oh yes!! That is her!! I was so bummed about the glare!!! Oh well....just trust me! She was there. The tower has shrunk a little over time....but I got to touch the top:) Like I said...no sleep for days, wind and dire need of a shower!!! Don't judge me:) Well I am so tired now and I actually get to sleep. I will take some crazy pictures for you tomorrow at Westminster Abbey!! and prob more of Ben and I!

5 comments:

The Aprecios said...

LIndsey! Its so cool that you are there, not to mention in sneezing reach of the queen! Wow!

Anonymous said...

I love you Lindsey!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a secret handshake with the queen of england....i mean you guys are way tight now!!! you almost sneezed on her!! thats pretty neat!

postscript...this is katie! your little yet taller sister that has much better sence of style and is going to meet up with you in Rome!!!ok maybe not but we like to think that huh!

Anonymous said...

Lyns smells....just a little because she has not showered in DAYS! and yet i still love her, oh so much! miss you---katie

Anonymous said...

Fetus loves you