Thursday, June 14, 2007

Thursday- London June 14

I just loved this little house! So many of the houses/apt's look like this!! I love it!
Here we are on our Punt (R to L Kelsey, Jesi, Sherlle, Me, Breanne and Mikelle) This was seriously a fun little ride!
I guess this is in Hairy Potter too...we saw this from our boat ride around Cambridge. I love the Ivy growing all over the place!
This is the group, drenched...it rained pigs and chickens as we were running back to catch our train. We had to go 2 miles, I was drenched!
For those of you who have seen Hairy Potter...I guess this is in the movie...I guess I should watch it:) Ohh do you see how wet we are?

Well today we got to sleep in, one hour. We had to be at the station at 8am. We headed off to Cambridge, where the big college is. It was really pretty, and only an hour train ride, I slept almost the whole way there. The town was really cute and full of life. We started off with a tour, where they divided the group into two. My tour guide was a sweet little old lady, just as sweet as can be, but to be honest with you, most of the tour was a complete bore to me. BUT the best part was we rode a punt around town. Basically it is like a little boat, with the tour guide guiding the boat with a large stick in the water. Cambridge College is encircled about with a river…it was a really cool ride! We floated by all the little college’s that make up Cambridge and under tons of bridges. The college kids are getting finished with their finals and so the guide told us about some of the crazy traditions. We even got to see some. They get rip roaring drunk and float down the river, dressed up as pirates, in little inflatable pirate ships…and yes, I am dead serious!! She said that Sunday will be the craziest, cause all finals will be done, and the river will be filled with drunk kids, floated by! How funny huh? On our way out of town we got stuck in a fantastic rain storm…seriously I was drenched!! But all in the Cambridge experience! We had a blast, and played games on the train ride home; I swear that the other train passengers must either think we are nuts, or get annoyed, we are a fun group!

1 comment:

Jessica Kettle said...

Oh my gosh are you having the best time ever?! I am so jealous. I miss you!